Search light

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my search light on my 2006 270. I can make it work up & down but it won't turn to face forward. I've taken the switch out but can't see much. Any advice please.

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked the wiring at the spotlight itself? A friend had a 310 with a wonky light. We replaced batteries, re -  did the codes in the fixed dash control and cleaned it to no avail. Finally checked the wiring at the light.  It was loose.  
  • terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Thanks Michael I'll have a look tomorrow.
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My connectors were also loose when I got my boat. Fixed that and it has worked fine for the past 4 seasons.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Hi Mark where are the connectors at the light end or the dashboard.  Cheers
    Light end.  In fact the manufacturer mailed me new connectors and I installed these to fix the problem.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

edited February 2016
    That's where mine failed too.  Once I fixed the connections I used some marine fasteners and zip ties to secure the wiring,  out of sight, under the SS platform that is welded to the bow rail. I also bought some higher quality wire loom to enclose the wiring under the SS plate. 
    Thanks for the info, I'm busy polishing at the moment still it's a labour of love.
  • Tex68Tex68 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Need to jump in on this topic as I am new to Rinker and have a 2012 310EC that I can't get the spotlight to work. I've replaced the batteries on the remote at the helm, and when I press the power button on the remote the red light in the center illuminates only if I hold the power button but still nothing works. I've check the fuse and it seems to be in order too. That's about the level of my knowledge. I have no idea what brand it is since there is no marking on the spotlight or the remote and no book with all the manuals I got. If anyone has some advice I'd certainly appreciate it. 
    The  remote is likely not learned to the light. Call rinker for the make of light and then look online for the learning procedure. Did you not get a manual for the light?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Have you properly set the code for your light? The manual will advise. BTW if even one of the small code tabs is not firmly set in place at either side of its "rocker arc" the light will not work. It's much like setting the old style garage door remote openers. Of course erratic operation always leads me to looking at the grounds.
    Sorry guys haven't checked in in a while. I don't have a manual and wasn't aware of the need to program it. Any idea by the pics I posted what brand and model it is? 
    Think I found it it's a Stryker GoLight. Now I am supposed to disconnect power to the light via removing the fuse and the remove batteries from remote then set the 7 switches how I want them insert batteries again reapply fuse and hold power button for 5 to 6 seconds. Wish me luck. 

@Tex68, you may get a laugh out of this.... for a while Rinker must have been leaving factory settings on the Strykers in the factory shipping positions.

When I got my 2013 EC 310 and turned on the light the first night there were 3 other new Rinkers in the water at the dealership's marina. ALL four boat's lights came on at the same time. It was really weird.

For about 10 minutes, until I figured-out what was going on a bunch of us  thought aliens had landed.

I finally realized what was happening and re-set my light then walked around the marina and re-set all of the others.

When we finally realized what was going on we had a good laugh.

After that the dealership put a re-set of factory settings on their PDI.

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the Stryker GoLight. Email them with the issue. I had a problem with mine, which was water getting into the remote and killed it. They sent me a new remote for nothing. When I replaced it, I put two small stainless washers behind it to prevent water from sitting under it. Works great now. BTW, you can program the remote to the light to be a unique code.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    I haven't had a chance to get out to my boat yet to play with it. Thing is when impress the power button on the remote that is secured to my helm I get a red light showing power to the remote but as soon as I remove my finger from the power button the light goes off. So is it my remote?
  • chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    It's not your remote.  Golight is a great company. If you ship them the light they will repair anything wrong with it for a fraction of the cost of a new light. Call them first for a R/A number. ** Assuming it is not simply needing to be reprogrammed. 
    edited August 2016
    You guys rock! So I did what y'all said and looked up the directiosn to sync the remote with the light. Went out today and went through all the steps and it turned on like a charm. I danced a little jig I was so happy. Thanks again for all the awesome advice.