Options

New owner

Recently purchased a 250 Fiesta Vee and looking for some help. I appreciate any advice or suggestions that I can get. I am very excited to join. Thanks, Steve

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, 250 FV what year? 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    steves250steves250 Member Posts: 4
    Hello it's a 2004 5.7 Volvo Penta with 300 hours. It's in pretty good shape but needs a little work. I live in Illinois so it's been winterized and put up. Come on spring!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 250 is a nice trailer able cruiser, I live in Southern IN, Near Evansville. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new boat. Let us know what you are looking to do. We are here to help and support each other.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Welcome aboard!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! The cool thing about this forum I have found over others is it is not so over whelming. People come and go but there is always someone that has an answer for what you need and its good information, not just taking a stab at! I'm sure the group will help you get boating this spring!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Welcome to the RBOC and good luck with your new ride......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    The FV250 is an excellent boat and I've owned one for 7 years. I have had my problems with it, most seriously a corroded leaking gas tank, but after sinking in some serious money she is fully sorted now and has been trouble free for a couple of years.

I hope your outdrive isn't an XDP composite model, a notorious lemon. If you do have that and your budget allows, I would contact VP and see if they are  still offering the replacement program. The Ocean-X DP series replacement drives are excellent.

Andy
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch out for Raybo3. And Dream_Inn they like to delete your comments for no reason lol
  • Options
    steves250steves250 Member Posts: 4
    Andy, just curious, what year is yours? Do you know what caused your gas tank issue?
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    My boat is a 2006 model. The corrosion was on the tank's underside, likely due to prolonged exposure to saltwater moisture trapped between the hull and the tank. The boat has been moored full time in sea water its entire life, first in Florida, then in California.

Andy
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Hello Steve and welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Watch out for Raybo3. And Dream_Inn they like to delete your comments for no reason lol
    Not true we do not delete any comments. Only when Handy gets out of control..lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    raybo3 said:
    Not true we do not delete any comments. Only when Handy gets out of control..lol
    So true.  No comments deleted unless it's something people don't want to see...or, handy gets off his medicine :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    russellhrussellh Member Posts: 155 ✭✭
     Welcome Steve, I bought my first Rincker 270 last March and love the boat and this forum is very good for lots of little tips and advice.  Scroll through the questions that have been asked in the past and I'm sure you will find the answer to what you are looking for