2008 330 For Sale - PRICE REDUCED

redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
Selling my 2008 EC.  Great boat in great condition.  Extensive maint records and new toys. 285 hours.
2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold
Post edited by redlightning on

Comments

• summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    Any pics?  engines/outdrive combo? price?
  • redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Twin Volvo Penta 5.7GI Motors With Duoprop Outdrives
    $95K - I believe this is around $10k below retail book

Possible 40' in my future.

Starboard Trim Actuator Replaced

Port Trim Pump Replaced

New Shower Sump Pump Installed

Engine Room Bilge Float Switch Replaced

AC Raw Water Intake Hose Replaced

Grill Purchased & Installed

Removed Cockpit Blender – Did not replace

Ordered Custom Made Storage Sleeves For Tables

Installed Rebuilt Tachometer Cluster Gauge

3 Blower Motors Replaced

Starboard Battery Replaced

JL Audio Speakers & LED Light Spacers  Installed In Cockpit (3 pair)

Episode Speakers Installed In Salon (1 pair)

Bluetooth Adapter Installed

LED Underwater Swim Drain Plug Installed

New Dock Lines Purchased (10)

LED Lamps Installed In Ceiling Fixtures

TSB On Fuel Pressure Regulator – Screen Removed And Clip Installed

Orange Filter Installed – vent on black water tank

Service

Generator

Oil & Filter Changed / Raw Water Impellar               

Motors

Oil & Filter

Spark Plugs / Cap / Rotor Changed

New Fuel Filters

New Trim Sensors & Gauges Installed

New Drive Lubricant / Seals Checked

New Gimbel Bearings

New Bellows

Motor Alignment Checked

Raw Water Impeller Replaced

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet boat Red, I got to ask? Boats in tip top shape, serviced, low hours, excellent condition, waitin for spring, Why selling?
    Boat Name : 

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    Sweet boat Red, I got to ask? Boats in tip top shape, serviced, low hours, excellent condition, waitin for spring, Why selling?
    Because he is like everyone else, tired of maintaining the most unreliable thing on the planet and because the enjoyment of the boat does not out weigh the maintenance, LOL 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Well, he did comment that a 40' is a possibility in the future.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Offering it for sale on here and at the marina.  If it sells, fine.  If not that's ok too.  I am happy with this boat, just kinda got the fever for a new project / toy.  We are going to step up to a 40' at some point.  This year or next.  Whenever the stars align.
    Oh My! Red has footitis , I've had it 7 or 8 times in my life. There's only one cure. However, I have tried to shuck it, I failed. So here is what I have tried without any relief form this disease. If anyone else has any other suggestions speak up. as I seem to get it every two years. so here is a partial list of home remedies that do not work. 

1. Penicillin 
    2. cold shower
    3. Rum, Vodka
    4. KY Bourbon - no help
    5. bought different toy, 
    6. Took a vacation on a cruse ship. (made it worse) 

Boat Name : 

The key is making it much more than 2 footitis!  Make it a double digit or close to it.  That tends to help a bit past 2 years.  For me it helped cure it for 5-7 years!  Also, stop going into those larger boats!  You need to continue looking at smaller boats than yours and saying "wow, my boat is just so much larger".  :)

excellent advice, but I can picture how good I'm going to look in that big boat.  :)
    Boat Name : 

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You looked pretty good in a 342 Randy lol

Good advice.  :)

got to say, looking forward to a new project and more room.  1st world problems

edited January 2017
    i have more pictures if anyone is interested.  

Never listed a boat with a broker.  Good idea???

Red, I've sold my last two boats on my own.  Just my opinion, but if you know you truly have it listed for a great price and it is ready to go at a moment's notice, then selling it yourself should work.  What sold both of my boats was they were in the water, turnkey, ready to go.  I took both buyers out for a ride the instant they spoke with me.  They both told me it was unexpected and the beautiful ride sold them immediately.

I've also seen others have luck with a broker, as long as you do your homework for the one that is going to push on selling the boat.

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Dream on selling on your own. I sold both my 2000 Mako 23 and my 2001 Rinker 310 on Boat Trader. Both went to people that contacted me within a couple of weeks of listing. Was well worth the $109 for the listing. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    likewise, have sold 3 boats, each within a month using boattrader.
  • pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    On the broker issue...depends on how good the broker is. Most of my experiences have not been good. Too lazy to return e-mails, calls, etc. My old broker said he had a buyer for my houseboat when I put it up for sale. Took him over a year to sell my cruiser $10K under book (270 Rinker). I sold the houseboat on my own with just a sign in 3 weeks. I like your boat..very nice. Good luck!   -Paul
    I guess on the flip side of things, when I'm a buyer, I try to find one that someone personally has for sale first because I know I am not paying the broker as well.  Not saying it always works out that way, but the first place I look is from individuals selling.

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    craigs list......bought my last two boats from there...
    Handy, I would look good in a 342, and make Red's 330 look good, :)  It just takes $
    Having bought and sold a dozen or so boats sold all but one myself. And have never bought one from a broker, The one sold with a broker was a year in the making, like paul it was a houseboat. 
    Craigs list ..... marketing tool of choice. it's free, and you can put the 330 in other major citys. Nashville, Chicago, St Louis......
    Boat Name : 

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have sold 5 boats on Craig's list got to watch for scamers tough.bought one though a broker was not a bad experience.money can be tricky with a personal sale.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    Thanks for the feedback.  I have always had good luck selling.  Bigger boats seem to just be a different animal.  My last boat was a 24' Cobalt at the same marina where I now have the Rinker and I sold it two days after mentioning it to a couple of people.   I think the tricky part here is I am not offering it with the slip.  Boat has to go to make room for a new one.
    Lowered my price to $85K

New camper kit - still not installed
    New house batteries