Seadek material

I am looking into replacing the carpet on my 2006 Rinker 360 express with the new material from www.seadek.com and looking for any owners of Rinker Cruisers that have done this. I am also looking where to obtain drawings with dimensions of the deck, helm , swim platform and steps leading up to the walk through so I can ordered the correct material needed for the 2006 Rinker 360 Express.

Comments

• craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I am doing the same on A 2005 360. Look at marine mat. Comparable material but a lot cheaper. 10-12$ a square foot. 
    And marinemat is what they use as oem from rinker. I talked to them yesterday and they are reaching out to their rinker contact to hopefully get the floor plans for our 360. Hopefully it works out and I don't need to make a template. Seadek does not have our boat on file either. So u would definitely need to make a template if u go with them. 
  • ljmac1927ljmac1927 Member Posts: 5
    Great, thanks for the information and let me know if they come up with dimensions from Rinker.

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I added the Seadek to my swimplatform, gunnel step and the step/walk thru for the winshield. I had a Seadek guy come out, measure and install.  Looks great. 2003 342. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if fish blood would stain that stuff.
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that looks ripe for a 4 step swim ladder. I wish I had so much space on the 270... 
  • ljmac1927ljmac1927 Member Posts: 5
    Great Pics, what make and model is this boat?
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2003 342. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    That looks great. We were debating on only doing the cockpit area. I'm now sold on doing the swim platform. We are also doing the grey teak. 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handy fish blood does not stain it. 

Seadek is great. 

Call them and ask them if they have a template for your year and model of boat. If not they'll send you a template kit which is an easy way to measure out what you need. They'll then design it and once you approve they cut it up and send it to you. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• crunch1crunch1 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I have had it on my rig for about 2 years. it has held up great, cleans great and has stayed on great. Would recommend it highly. I have found out some dealers or reps are a little shady or inexperienced. Talk to some of their customers first.
    Marinemat did not have the template and rinker did not have CAD files. So I'll be making a template in a couple weeks. 
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about buying some of the bulk material and putting it on my cabin steps.  I was looking on the Seadek site for glue.  But isn't the material is self adhesive?  Would explain why they don't see anything to stick it down.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I think it can be ordered with 3M peel & stick adhesive applied, or with out, in which case you would glue it down.
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Glassguy54

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    I put seadek on a jet boat, last year over black Friday wknd they offered 25% off with free shipping. A company called jetboatpilot out of Fla. They specialize in seadek on all boats, if they don't have it they send template for you to size it up. You can call and ask for Jeff for any questions you have.

https://jetboatpilot.com 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, SeaDek does have a 3M baking.  There is no glue process. You peel off the backing and stick it right down to your deck, whether it's smooth or has anti-skid.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• bigmikebigmike Member Posts: 9
    sea dekdoes have quite a bit of templates in stock, I would suggest to write to them, talk to a girl called Michelle, if you like the template they can send you a proof kit, this gives you all the outside lines of the template, you then correct it if needed and they will process the modified template or if you wish, send you a proof kit of this modified template, if you are happy with the fit, order, every time you reprocess, it takes about 2 weeks, I just love the stuff, I did the install in about 3 hours, cockpit and swim, beautiful, just hose down to clean, you need good prep before.
    MarkB said:
    Handy fish blood does not stain it. 

Seadek is great. 

Call them and ask them if they have a template for your year and model of boat. If not they'll send you a template kit which is an easy way to measure out what you need. They'll then design it and once you approve they cut it up and send it to you. 
    Not even a nasty bleeding oily Mackerel?
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    bigmike said:
    sea dekdoes have quite a bit of templates in stock, I would suggest to write to them, talk to a girl called Michelle, if you like the template they can send you a proof kit, this gives you all the outside lines of the template, you then correct it if needed and they will process the modified template or if you wish, send you a proof kit of this modified template, if you are happy with the fit, order, every time you reprocess, it takes about 2 weeks, I just love the stuff, I did the install in about 3 hours, cockpit and swim, beautiful, just hose down to clean, you need good prep before.

What have you got for a boat? I was surprised at the price I got for the cockpit. 
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    I am doing the same on A 2005 360. Look at marine mat. Comparable material but a lot cheaper. 10-12$ a square foot. 
    Did you ever get a templete complete for your Boat? Who did you go with, any pictures you would like to share? message me please.
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    That does look awesome...the 270 is a bit tinny sounding when the camper package is up- today had the new carpet and was awesome even with a bug or two to work out...the seadeck would be cold and noisy I figured...