Options

MB Quart Radio

RinkerRookieRinkerRookie Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
I have a 2010 Captiva 246 BR with a MB Quart WM1-CD receiver.  As I scroll through the "Source" options (i.e. AM, FM, CD) Sirius is one of them.  However I do not see an antenna anywhere on the boat.  So, I'm not sure if the radio is really ready for satellite radio.  For example, my wife owns a Honda Odyssey and the radio says XM Ready, but it doesn't contain all the necessary hardware.  It just means the radio has the inputs necessary to connect the satellite radio hardware.  I hate to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a Sirius subscription, just to find out I can't get reception.  I've called two dealers and got inadequate answers.  And, I can't find a way to contact MB directly.  And, the owners manuals are no help.  HELP!
Fin and Tonic (w/Lime)...
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Ready is relative.  It can just mean that the radio can have an accessory Sirius receiver and antenna added.  I had a Kenwood stereo on my last boat that was that way.  

Can't say I ever heard of MB.  

You could look at a stand-alone Sirius receiver connected to an input on your stereo, or worst case, upgrade the stereo.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    The sirius receiver will be a little puck shaped object.Mine was on my radar arch. It will be out and visible to the sky. If you don't have one and want one, the antennas are not expensive at all. Simply mount the antenna and run the wire back to your head unit and done
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Sirius modules are brand specific.  They don't all have the same plugs.  That would be the best option since you could then navigate the stations from the remote.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
    The antenna will be like the one on the roof of your F-150
  • Options
    I don't see the antenna, so I'm going with the fact that I don't have the hardware installed.  Thanks.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are going to need to find a MBQuart Sirius receiver and antenna that plugs into the back of the head unit to be able to get the Sat Radio to work. Here is the input diagram showing the receiver.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    You are going to need to find a MBQuart Sirius receiver and antenna that plugs into the back of the head unit to be able to get the Sat Radio to work. Here is the input diagram showing the receiver.

Ya, I found that diagram.  Is there a chance the antenna could be mounted inside the hull or would it def have to be on top of the dash or similar?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tniggelhas a 270 without the arch, so the antenna is mounted on the top of his dash. You need to have the antenna outside to get proper reception.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Sej1969Sej1969 Member Posts: 31
    WHERE DO I FIND THAT EXACT RECEIVER< IVE LOOKED< MY FACE PLATE BROKE> HELP
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that stereo is obsolete and discontinued. Look into getting a new unit as it probably wouldn't be worth trying to fix an old one. You may need to get another MB brand so the wired remotes work. Crutchfield has one for about $100
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Every vehicle that came with Sirius/XM I’ve had never got past the free trials. Listen in the morning, same thing on the way home. Little value for me.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sej1969 said:
    WHERE DO I FIND THAT EXACT RECEIVER< IVE LOOKED< MY FACE PLATE BROKE> HELP
    You best bet would be to try and find a used one on eBay if it’s an obsolete unit.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure mine was on the radar arch.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"