battery size (capacity) for FV 270

Wanting to know if I can upgrade the existing Group 24 cranking and house batteries w/larger capacity batteries.  I need to know what will fit ??? (I'm unable to measure the space before battery purchase, and I don't want to just buy 2 more group 24 batteries) Please advise.
If your going to do something, do it now. Tomorrow is too late.

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay with 24 for start and 27 for house if you have room. Google a 27 battery for sizes
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Always easy to swap the battery tray to put what you want in
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went with two 31's and whatever the regular was for starting.. have done this in the various boats I've owned and NEVER had a problem with power.. 

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will have to get new battery trays, but group 27 and group 31 batteries will fit. You might have to shift some things around, but they will work.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    I had 4 batteries on my 270. 1 group 27 to start and 3 31's for house and inverter. House battery was on position 2. It was connected to the 2 other 31's for inverter (not used much) via BlueSea Systems isolator with remote switch. It kept the inverter batteries charges all the time and if the house battery started to die I flipped the remote and combined the 3 group 31's. Just an idea. You would not need and inverter in the mix to do it this way.  -Paul
  • AccidentalSuperstarAccidentalSuperstar Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Tks for the responses.... thinking 27 deep cycle and 31 AGM house battery 
    If your going to do something, do it now. Tomorrow is too late.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure your starting battery is rated at 1000MCA.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!