New swim platform installed...

Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
I absolutely love it. I had swim platforms.com do a custom build for me, and they installed it too. There are 4 LED lights mounted underneath, just pre-wired for now until i mount my transducer for fishfinder next week.The deck is 45 inches!  B)

2000 Captiva 232 

Comments

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I installed a swimplatforms.com on my Maxum 2400SCR and it was incredible... it transformed the whole boat. 
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's big enough to have a party back there, whats up with the block wall? 
    Boat Name : 

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a big duck Bill. LOL
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a lot of real estate back there!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    It will definitely be the new hangout spot  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Good lord. How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
    jme097 said:
    Good lord. How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?
    $$$  that's no fun talking about prices hahahahaha.......they are pricey, and I added a couple sets of LED's to sweeten the pot. Worth every penny!  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    That really is awesome,  adds so much space to hang on while backed up to a beach. Can even put a couple of those anti-gravity chairs on it  B)
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how the leds will look.. you've got me thinking I could get them installed pretty quickly.. before splashing. 
    Pic isn't mine, but it will look just like this one...BRIGHT!  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    i'm shopping for a swim platform myself. i think i rather had the transom mount verses top mount like you have,i'm thinking the transom mount would make boarding easier after a swim sense it will be mounted closer to the water. the one you have looks real nice though,bet its more stable as well sense yours is mounted on top of the existing platform. the one im looking at is called "the wedge" it tapers toward the rear so theres less likely of it dragging on take off. im getting a table mount and hidden 4 step extended ladder added,ill Add my own leds. price of platform is $1150 plus shipping,and add ons. hoping to keep the total under $1500 with me installing it.
  • dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    forgot to add that the place making my platform is "swim platform superstore" in Denver co.
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I used Swimplatform's.com and not having same luck
    in the shop now 
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought, don't forget drive clearance when the drive is up. And all of us with the older 270 wish it was up higher. Because it plows very well. 
    Boat Name : 

• 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    dwolf said:
    i'm shopping for a swim platform myself. i think i rather had the transom mount verses top mount like you have,i'm thinking the transom mount would make boarding easier after a swim sense it will be mounted closer to the water. the one you have looks real nice though,bet its more stable as well sense yours is mounted on top of the existing platform. the one im looking at is called "the wedge" it tapers toward the rear so theres less likely of it dragging on take off. im getting a table mount and hidden 4 step extended ladder added,ill Add my own leds. price of platform is $1150 plus shipping,and add ons. hoping to keep the total under $1500 with me installing it.
    I agree. I love that our platform sits on the water, and I understand that some people are concerned about them dragging when taking off, and I'm sure it probably does, but it's never been an issue. The boat accelerates well, and planes quickly. I've never been a fan of the platforms that sit up out of the water.    
    zaverin1 said:
    I used Swimplatform's.com and not having same luck
    in the shop now 
    @zaverin1  what is going on with your platform? 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    You can see my upgrade post that's it's finally up
    i had to get fiberglass guy involved to trim and cut it
    mold was off by about 1/4 inch in many spots
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, lower to the water for e is much better. Easier boarding and mine never drags. Plus I can rinse it off coming off plane quickly LOL

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey, it's just a big trim tab! Looks great in the water....