Trim/tilt pump relocation

Mercury2005Mercury2005 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭
My trim pump bracket was badly rusted so I purchased a stainless steel bracket and relocated the trim pump during the bracket changeout.  Had to reroute some cables and wires but it freed up valuable real estate in the engine room.  Next step, clean all the gunk off surfaces.

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try purple power, on the gunk. lots of rags, or heavy duty paper, mine looked just like that, clean now. 
    Boat Name : 

• Mercury2005Mercury2005 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭
    thanks Randy, looking forward to all the 'manual' labor :)
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I need that!  Mine is close to rotting out.  Happened on my first boat too, made a freaking mess.  Where did you buy it?  Also did you fill in the old screw holes with any sealant? 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    Patrick,
    ebay, here is the link:
      eBay item number: 302149871360
    I plan to fill the holes when I clean up the engine compartment.  I also plan to re-route most of the electrical wiring along with fuel and other hoses as they are placed in a very inconvenient location now.  I hate the way this boat is wired.  I know it's no Cigarette Racing boat, but they could have done a cleaner job on outfitting it.  I have already relocated new batteries to the port side and routed the battery cables along the transom to a new battery switch.  Pics later.
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Yes definitely post some pics.  Thanks for passing along item number.

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that you have the bracket installed, but here is a suggestion... Put a couple of rubber or stainless steel washers between the bracket and the floor. That will let the water move underneath the bracket and help prevent the rust.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Greg, good suggestion. When I get to cleaning the engine room I will do that. Thank you.
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine did the same and I need yo replace- recall a bunch of stuff attached to it- did you find an exact replacement or just fab something?
    ras, an exact replacement in stainless from eBay. An excellent piece, pleased with the craftsmanship.  eBay item number: 302149871360
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I changed mine too, easy job.