"The boat is in" 2017 Thread!

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
Count me in to this club! :) After all the disappointment last season, the boat ran great on the first trip out!  

Water temp = 46 F !! (Didn't have the new windlass line yet, so had to go old style and do it by hand) 

Post some pictures of your first day on the water here in this thread!! 
Post edited by J3ff on

Comments

• halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Looks great!. In the water by early April makes for an extended season. Mine is locked up in a building until May 1. Hope you have a good season!
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Where did U end up shaw
  • craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    My son and i are launching at 1130 tomorrow. Pictures to come. I just got home after wrapping up some last minute maintenance. 
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting layout, what model is that? 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see you all getting back to the water!
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Clean boat @shawnmjr. Do you live down river area?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Shawn I keep mine inside for the winter at Bob's indoor, right by old JB's Wharf if you know the area.

Mine comes outta storage early next week, and got a 1.5 hour cruise back up to Harrison Twp for the summer. B)
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    Very cool, small world. :)
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Looks great @J3ff!  I go in on Monday.
    Well just noticed the FIRST thing that isn't working as it should... the trim up button, seems like the first click to have it go up doesn't work but the second one does. SIGH
  • checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    @shawnmjr you are getting closer and closer to Fermi.  Lol.....  Ever cruise into lake we always anchor over by stony point.  Sister lives their and they have a nice beaches out front of all the houses.
    Beautiful, congratulations!
  • ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Boat is in for me and had a 15 min ride that was cut short do to the wind. A few leaks from fittings, the starboard side tach is off by 1100 rep when synced.

The one thing I wasn't expecting was how severe it list,  it list to the starboard side. Was a shock to see this. I read a few post prior to seeing mine today and looked over a few things. It's less than a quarter I'm both gas tanks, I filled the water tank (port side) and the waster tank is empty. I haven't put my equipment and belongings in yet. Got on plane quick and easy but took some tyme to dial in the engines to get synchronization. Overall still excited and awaiting my next day off to get back at it. Happy Easter to you all and enjoy the day off, unless you an unfortunate soul like myself and have to work tomorrow. At least it's only 24 hours. Lol. This is at idle in neutral. The both reset to 0 when shut off and turned back on. Still investigating. 
    Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right
    MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI 
    We launched Thursday and it was a nice smooth 30 mile cruise to Mystic. Beautiful day. 

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @craigswardmtb  glad to hear you made the splash I'm set for 5/12 but still have some stuff to sort out.key word sort??
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    Tach can be pulled out and reset from the back from 8 back
    to
    4 back to 8 again 
    check
    that all wiring is tight 
    thats a heavy list to star 
    any idea on the battery configuration ?
    have one person that's about 200 stand on port and look at the list 
    if improved then there are ways to help
    if not then it is how it is

Yesterday was launch day for me. B)

Had a perfectly trouble free 1.5 hour boat ride from winter storage to my summer marina. Cue the music, drinks, sun, and fun! :#

• wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    @JoeStang - I'm just around the corner form you at MacRay. We go by your boat well when we take dingy rides over to Bumpers Landing. I saw an add for a well that is for sale at your marina and was thinking about checking it out. How do you like it there? Beautiful boat BTW!
    shawnmjr said:
    Nice!!! @JoeStang what marina is that?  A lot nicer than the ones here downriver. 

I'm up in Harrison Twp, just north of the Clinton river at Island Cove marina. I like it alot, ad its only 15 mins from my house, so its really convenient to get to.

wm61356 said:
    @JoeStang - I'm just around the corner form you at MacRay. We go by your boat well when we take dingy rides over to Bumpers Landing. I saw an add for a well that is for sale at your marina and was thinking about checking it out. How do you like it there? Beautiful boat BTW!
    I like it quite a bit, and for the money I absolutely cannot beat the view from my dock. If I didnt eventually plan on buying waterfront I'd buy a well, and I still might regardless if the right one comes up for sale.

And Bumpers is my spot, I'm already angling for a seat license at the new bar inside. :)
    I just wish it faced west instead of northeast, so I would get a sunset, but I LOVE not looking at the back of another boat.

Image may contain sky outdoor and water

My guys dont mind either :)

Image may contain dog outdoor and water
    Image may contain water and outdoor
    edited April 2017
    So where did You store for it to be 1hr ride lol
    So I'm not the only one who likes to be there when the boat is on the lift!!
    Here is my rinker
    will have to wait till tomorrow lol
    not getting soaked setting lines 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep
    should of waited 
    rain stopped but already had my kid and on the way home
    so tomorrow it is
    Happy dogs. Just made me shed a tear as we put our 13 year old lab and beach bum down last week the day before we launched which he usually attended....  I'm sure he's burying sticks at a beach somewhere. 

Great view from your marina. We are the 3rd boat in at our marina so it was nice to have a good view before the boats fill in. 
    zaverin1 said:
    So where did You store for it to be 1hr ride lol
    I'm up in :Lake St Clair, just north of the Clinton River in Harrison Twp. Its about a 1.5 hour ride from Wyandotte. I was dodging walleye fishermen in the channel like it was 696 at 5pm. LOL
    zaverin1 said:
    Yep
    should of waited 
    rain stopped but already had my kid and on the way home
    so tomorrow it is
    Yeah, the lake is gonna be very healthy level this year for sure, that was a ton of more rain yesterday! Sunday is supposed to be great though, and I'll be out. :)
    Happy dogs. Just made me shed a tear as we put our 13 year old lab and beach bum down last week the day before we launched which he usually attended....  I'm sure he's burying sticks at a beach somewhere. 

Great view from your marina. We are the 3rd boat in at our marina so it was nice to have a good view before the boats fill in. 
    Yeah, I hopefully have lots of time left, as my guys are 8.5 & 6 years old. They love the boat and the water, and I couldnt imagine boating and life without em.
    She made it to her new home
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Awesome!!!!!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com