"The boat is in" 2017 Thread!

Comments

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    You know what's funny is i called rinker sinkers lol 
    I was a sea ray guy thru and thru
    until i rain into a great deal and now fell in love with a rinker 
    I agree
    it opens up your eyes when you switch and see that other brands are built solid 

• ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Congrats that boat is a beauty. I drooled everytime I seen it at Hideaway. Then I threw up thinking about the payments!!! See you out on the water!!
    Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right
    MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI 
    Did you ever figure out the star list u had 
  • thebistrothebistro Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Aprice said:
    Congrats that boat is a beauty. I drooled everytime I seen it at Hideaway. Then I threw up thinking about the payments!!! See you out on the water!!
    Now it is just dry heaves - nothing left to throw up now!!! Looking forward to a great year out on the lake.

2017 EX 320  MacRay Harbor - Harrison Twp, MI
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Had a great first day out on the boat. 70*, full sun, and lots of fun. First time beaching the boat too, was real easy and no issues. :)

Image may contain ocean sky car outdoor nature and water

Image may contain 4 people people smiling sunglasses

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    Must be nice 
    I was at the boat during lunch today lol

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AHHHH to be young again :o
    Boat Name : 

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    randy56 said:
    AHHHH to be young again :o

Yung, fun, dum, and full of c_m!  I remember those days!  But, something good about being a grown-up with children that can still act like a kid! :)

Great pics Joe!  I got a daughter that is starting to look like she'd fit right in those pictures!  (makes me a bit scary, especially when this weekend was the first time she brought a boyfriend that was taller than me, let alone 5 inches taller!)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

That's a hot boat 
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Dam Chicago weather won't cooperate.  Planned on splashing this weekend and calling for rain both days.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    @bry1429, MT is drooling about now. sweet boat! 
    Boat Name : 

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Looks good @bry1429 - but where is the name?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Dream; name will hopefully be on by mid summer. Last summer I admit was a bit more stressful than I anticipated. You would think getting a new boat was going to be all fun and games but learning all the systems, making sure all maintenance needed was not overlooked throughout the summer on my part, couple hiccups here an there, trying to keep it clean, etc....... a ton more work than my previous boat! this summer my plan is just to enjoy it !!!!!!! 

shawnmjr; hopefully MT and his Admiral come to Chicago for a long weekend this summer. He will Captain the 360 downtown on a sunny day (I will be his crew) . There is no better view of the skyline than from out on the lake. then the river is chaotic but the scenery is 2nd to none, awesome to see all the buildings. (if your puddle isn't drool you should have that looked at by a Dr , you may need a prescription,  HA ! )

randy; thank you .   MT has been to busy taking care of his health and combing tropical beaches around the globe. His drooling probably was only that of the thongs lined up on those tropical beaches (and his admiral of course B) )
    they are 2 very special people!

zaverin1; thank you. I admire you being able to manage a full day tinkering on the boat without tipping a few celibitory drinks back!
    But, it's going to be a HOTTTT summer and I'm betting you for sure will have your fair share.

skennelly; yeah, crappy forecast this coming wknd. I store in St.Joe Mich and moor in Hammond In. I splashed yesterday, it was absolutely gorgeous out!  was planning to cruise the beautiful shoreline this Sat or Sun to Hammond but I will wait for a sunny calm day, don't want to rush and start season off with a cold choppy messy cruise. (NO FUN) 
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    @bry1429  I store and splash in at Waukegan and have to cruise to Burnham, bout hour and a half trip...it's a nice cruise but not when the weather is nasty.  I'm flexible with my schedule, but the admiral is limited to weekends unfortunately.  Last year we were in on April 15th on the dot.  This year feels so late already. :(
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    Well had to call my lsc friend in to dive after my truck key
    i dropped the sucker last week lol
    he found it and it works 

You supply your own
    marina next to me provides them with summer rent
    I was there for few months last year until I moved the boat after my motorcycle accident 

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    A friend of ours was washing his boat down and his wedding ring slipped off. Myself and my father in law jumped in with goggles and water proof flashlights and had no luck. One week later he hired a diver and he found it! We couldn't believe it because the water is rough and the tide is strong by his slip.
    2008 330EC
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    Real quick sea-trial splash at a local lake here last weekend. Lake Powell is where my boat will get its first real splash. 

2000 Captiva 232 
    Always best to leave it to a pro
    Those kids are going to love that big swim platform this summer.
    Boat Name : 

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one sweet ride,I have a bib on so my shirt stays dry.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Not in yet but started her up today and flushed the antifreeze out of the cabin water lines! I noticed my trim tab reservoir was low, I looked for leaks inside and out found nothing. When the engine was running I operated the tabs and the starboard hydraulic line right at the actuator was leaking like crazy. There was a 1/4 cut in the line. Luckily when I replaced the lines a couple of years ago I left some slack. I just cut the damaged area off and reattached. Better to find it now then when it's in the water!
    2008 330EC
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@randy56. MT is drooling like an old geezer asleep in his chair at the nursing home.

@shawnmjr. That too. There's times I can't believe I sold that boat. I had more fun on Mike's (@GTYEE) 310 and Bryan and Jessicas (@bry1429) 360 than I can count.

Man, I love those boats. I get chills whenever I remember driving them.

We were at a party last weekend and a couple spoke-up and said the most exciting ride they ever had in a boat was the half hour or so (in Bryan and Jessica's 360) when we slalomed the boat through the really twisting channel markers on the River STYX on plane at 35 mph in the summer 2015.

I ran that river six times in total I wish I had Mike's drone or just used a phone camera - it would have been a awesome video.

What did the Greatful Dead say? "Don't look back you can never look back"?

I do!

I love seeing you guys posting the awesome pics of your shiny new rigs with their Winter mods and know you are going to have the Summer of a lifetime this year!

GO RINKER!

@bry1429 thanks for the pictures. GREAT memories brought back!!!!! 
  • luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
  • luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    We are in! First season with the new to us 270. 

Obviously when you sell a boat it's no longer yours and it is not really any of your business what the new owner doers with it. That said, I have seen guys sell beautifully looked-after boats and seen the new owner run them into the ground - which I found painful to watch.

I'm so lucky in my case; My EC 310 went to a goof for a very short time and he only put about 10 hours on it and let it sit. @GTYEE rescued it and now it's better than factory. @BRY1429 bought my 2014 EC 360 directly from me - just "broken-in" and like @GTYEE treats the boat with respect!

Every time I see those two boats they look awesome!!!!!

BTW a whole bunch of new Rinker owners and new Rinker boats on the forum. How Cool?!!

• craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Agree, lots of great new contributors to the forum. Good to see!
    Nice boat @luvinlife. I still miss certain things about my 270.