Blue Angels May 24th

RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
May 24th Blue Angels at Annapolis for the naval graduation, anybody making the pilgrimage?  We had a great time last year with Dream Inn III

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Planning on going this year as well!  You are definitely welcome to raft up again, now that I know which area I'm not going to anchor at. :)

Anyone else going?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I am in.  Just have to make sure my son isn't missing anything important if I pull him out of School.  Where do you guys anchor up?
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
    Well probably anchor not too far off of Greenbury point.  In the past I've anchored on the southern side (near back creek entrance) and it's way too much boat traffic that doesn't slow down.  Last year that just didn't work, but was sure nice on the northern side of the river, as close up the Severn as we could get.  (hope that makes sense)  I can certainly relay you my cell number and also stay up on a specific VHF channel.

• RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Were planning on getting there around 11:00 ,   about the same place as last year ?
    Ransnan said:
    Were planning on getting there around 11:00 ,   about the same place as last year ?

Sounds like a plan!!

• gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    The Angels will be at in NY Jones Beach on the 27th and 28th.  Unfortunately I.'ll be in FL. :/
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gack, this year the Thunderbirds will be at Jones Beach.
    2008 330EC
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Your right.  Blue Angels are in July.
  • ChesapeakeChillerChesapeakeChiller Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    We will be out there this year for our first blue angels from the boat. I plan to anchor over near greenbury point but with 10mph winds and lots boat traffic not sure if it will be raftup conditions. What do you think?

2004 Cruisers Yachts 320 W/6.2L I/B's

Boat Name- Anchor Management, Mayo MD

@ChesapeakeChiller conditions actually look pretty good for rafting up since the wind is basically in the 5-10mph and changing directions during the show.  As far as boat traffic, it will be much better on the north side of the river.  Need to make sure you have at least 4 fenders.  I will also have my giant (3' dia) round fender if another 400 ties up.  I'll PM you my cell # in case you want to tie up.  I'll also be up on VHF 72, but lots of discussions going, so I may not hear you there.

• ChesapeakeChillerChesapeakeChiller Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Thanks I will look for you near the point

2004 Cruisers Yachts 320 W/6.2L I/B's

Boat Name- Anchor Management, Mayo MD

See you guys there.  Short trip for me.  
    David, I'll PM you my cell as well.  But, I'm not the best about answering it when I'm on the boat, so you can send a text as well.  Or obviously just look for the big white hardtop. :)

Sounds good.  I will be the guy in the Rinker.
    @davidbrooks well, Sorry we didn't get to tie up, but the show was nice.  Little short only doing the low ceiling stuff & no fat albert, but still good!

Definitely.  The family loved the whole experience.  No better way to see it than to be right underneath.
    Definitely.  The family loved the whole experience.  No better way to see it than to be right underneath.

That's great to hear!  Hope to meet you up at the Rinkervous!  Where it will be calm and we can have 20 of us tied together!