"The boat is in" 2017 Thread!

Comments

• minnesotaminnesota Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Have a great season everyone!

2008 280 EC
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @minnesota, your boat looks great! I also like the knight on the horse decal!!!!
    2008 330EC
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @luvinlife looks like you picked a nice marina for your 1st time ever being in a slip.Time to rub some elbows A. :)
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I fit into the "new contributor" category haha.  My 232 is my first Rinker, but I've owned lots of boats over the years. I would put this boat, right up there in quality with my Chapparal I had......I LOVE the Rinker!!!!!!  Gonna be one heckuva great summer  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Gack, I like the colors in your name!  Looks great!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• brianflhrcibrianflhrci Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Just dropped in Monday and backed in a few minutes before this shot, getting used to the new slip.  Always fun getting ropes the right length and securing things.  
  • gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    My boat is not in yet due to crappy weather. Spent 3 days polishing and waxing from top to bottom. Buffed outdrives and XR props to look new. 152 hours on her now and changed oil and filters at 79, 108 and 150 hrs. Both motors  new impellers and belts, fuel filters, zincs,gear oil,  removed and greased the props, generator (18 hrs) oil, filter, impeller and anode. Last thing is sea deck I'm  installing  next week. Planning on a big year traveling on the boat and taking time off to play.. Waxed with Trewax again which kept the hull clean all last year. @Michael T here are some picks and w ill post when floor is done. mi

Also all new fleece fender covers
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Splashed today here!  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I'm finally in!!!  (well, technically I've been in since February)  Boat is running fantastic and finally back on her lift!  She's gotten a little dirty uncovered the last couple months (yes I've cleaned her a couple times over that duration), so another cleaning will have to happen when this rain stops.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    gtyee said:
    My boat is not in yet due to crappy weather. Spent 3 days polishing and waxing from top to bottom. Buffed outdrives and XR props to look new. 152 hours on her now and changed oil and filters at 79, 108 and 150 hrs. Both motors  new impellers and belts, fuel filters, zincs,gear oil,  removed and greased the props, generator (18 hrs) oil, filter, impeller and anode. Last thing is sea deck I'm  installing  next week. Planning on a big year traveling on the boat and taking time off to play.. Waxed with Trewax again which kept the hull clean all last year. @Michael T here are some picks and w ill post when floor is done. mi

Trewax?  never heard of that one?  I just googled and seems to have good reviews.  did you use a buffer or by hand?  wondering if it would be worth throwing a coat above the rub rail on mine by hand.  don't want to bother with the buffer now that its back on the lift.
    @summerx,  Buffed the uppers and waxed on the dock before pulling out last year then buffed and waxed lowers this winter. Pulled the boat out last year and power washed the bottom clean without bottom paint. Own body shops and this wax is real good, goes on easy and little more elbow grease to get off leaving a nice shine!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

@gtyee, I clicked AWESOME but that is beyond AWESOME! You are a cruising KING! That boat looks so beautiful I called the Admiral in to see and she clapped!!! She said to say she is happy for the boat and even happier you and family.  BTW I hope your daughter had a fantastic Winter, is feeling well, and wants to boat!!!!!

That is a spectacular piece of work you just completed! I love those pictures. I'm going to print them for my friends and family to see as they often ask if I know how my two "babies" are being treated!

BTW the oil and filters on that boat was changed at 22 hours and about 40 hours by me.

Can hardly wait to see the pictures with sea deck and when @bry1429 posts his pictures!

Livin' through you two guys....and this great forum! ;-)

Mike - seeing how you and Bryan treat those two boats makes all of the care I took, and time/money I spent, during initial break-in, during its daily use and at maintenance time worth it. The way you two guys treat those two boats they will last forever.

It makes my heart warm and brings a smile to my face every time I think of you two guys and how much you love those two boats.

Question: Did you have a custom steel cradle made for the boat? Sure looks great!

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    3 rinkers so far on my finger
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of weird how they are all bow in... everyone I know with a "big" boat puts the rear in, like the bot closest to you in the bottom left. 
    That's a Bayliner 
    He needs to wax port top so he backed it in lol
    main reason most 
    boats on my dock are bow in is because lake view and pool is that way 
    the pool is that way?? hmmm 
    Better view Thats all when sitting on the boat
    i can back
    her in just for you
    zaverin1 said:
    Better view Thats all when sitting on the boat
    i can back
    her in just for you
    lol just joking around... better view I'm sure ;) 
  • tniggeltniggel Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    River is moving fast, needs some cleaning, but... IT'S IN!
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    @tniggel....what color is your hull
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you! the lower Ohio is still at flood stage, Hopefully we can get docks in by Memorial Day weekend.
    Boat Name : 

• tniggeltniggel Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    niiiice.......i thought but wasn't sure...dont see many
  • bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    She finally in,joined a small private club,I'm the first one in ! 2017!
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Been in since end of March but the oh the rain! And a tornado! Weekend is looking nice.  

Heres to a great season!  Yes, whiskey in a wine glass.  Gotta make due.

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270