Tandem Axel Trailer for Sale

gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

I have a Classic Tandem Axel Trailer (shown in my profile pic) that I am selling once boat is launched in mid-April.  Recent bearing and caliper service, needs new winch strap.  Make me an offer if interested. Long Island NY.

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What size boat was on it? Why are you selling?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Greg, It has my 270FV on it.  Came with the boat when I purchased it, I store my boat at the marina so I have no use for it. 
    Gotcha... I store mine at the marina on a trailer as well, but I hate paying them to lift it out and launch it. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ****, just curious, how much? I'm in the market for one... just want a price point. 
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2g used 4g new
    Ventura north haven ct
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    I sold it for $1400 in 1 day once I put boat in water.  Could have gotten more, but just wanted to get rid of it.
  • WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Gack,  I had the same mind set and now i just want one back.   The cost for them to haul out, launch, store??  OMG.   I will be replacing my trailer and storing on my own property.   Currently the day i take the boat out till the day it is back in is the most expensive time.  Haulout,  Transport fees & storage fees are a large portion of that,  Keep your trailer and your cash!

2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Love having the trailer for my 280. Paying a marina $1,500 - $2,000 a winter to store it is ridiculous
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    I am looking to buy a trailer for that very reason.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    That is why I have a trailer. I don't want to be married to any marina that I dock at. I had a Venture trailer that I paid $4200 for thru EMI Marine out of York, PA. I used it to tow my 280 back from Baltimore. I had it decked out with LED lights, target bunks, aluminum rims with a matching spare. Brakes on both axles as well. The one thing that I forgot was keel rollers, which I added. I ended up selling the trailer to a friend of mine who bought a 270 that didn't have a trailer. I upgraded to a Trailmaster T2810BBR trailer. The trailer was built for the boat and I love it. I had one under my 232 as well and it was the reason that I went back to them for the 280. I got it painted to match my boat.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I just love the flexibility. Can pull it out whenever I want. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ditto here- there are so many places to go in Fl, about what 1200 miles of shore line and then some good rivers as well. I think that is why so many boats just sit at marinas- you get tired of going in the same circle- kind of that way now as the weekend typically does not give you enough time to really strike out and go somewhere- If I trailers it to the coast, it's only about 45 miles but all the clean up from the salt is not worth one day. Hopefully I will have some time off with the new job and can have a long or extended long weekend to enjoy the intercostal up around St. Augustine down through Dayton and points further south...and then there is the west coat near handy land....really nice over there.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want one, but I have no where to store it, so I'd be finding some lot to put it somewhere... would need power.. 
    Same here.  I would have liked to keep my trailer but nowhere to store.  My property is on a 30 degree incline and would not be good for storing the boat.