Options

Any Chicago Burnham harbor folks on here?

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
Subject says it all...I saw 2 342's in the harbor curious if anyone is on the forum.
2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• Options
    rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I am in Diversey Harbor.  Just commented on your transom leak string.  Lots of 270s in the playpen.  Hope to bump into you sometime!
  • Options
    @rinker270nb - Yeah I remember we chatted before.  This year we have achored 1 time so far and it was around the museum of science and industry.  Lately I haven't been feeling the playpen.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    We'll do a fly by and check it out and see if you're around. Have a great fourth!
  • Options
    You too.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    @rinker270nb i'm up in belmont.  haven't anchored at the playpen yet either, we keep heading north!
  • Options
    What's north?  It's my 2nd season in Diversey and haven't gone that way. I am outfitted for trolling now. Looking to get more coverage...
  • Options
    nick92675nick92675 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    couple weeks ago went up to waukegan and back along the shore, very narrowly escaping some storms!   naval base and crazy restricted area just south of waukegan.   realized it and headed out of it before any coasties/homeland security came after me!  lake forest has a really interesting baby harbor i popped into.  cool bluffs and big mansions along the shoreline.   wilmette has a nice harbor and good place to anchor just south of the entrance, look for the baha'i temple.  some people on my dock also anchor on the north side of montrose harbor.  this is my first season down here (i was formerly up in kenosha).   from my very short sample of boating out of chicago, it seems like fewer people/wakes and more nature/chill as you head north compared to south.  i'm just used to a chiller boating experience,  and i work downtown - so every time i look up at the skyline i can see my building and it reminds me of work... i try to avoid that even though it is beautiful:smile:

if you're outfitted for trolling, i think waukegan is supposed to have good fishing out that way too.  
  • Options
    I store my boat in waukegan...make that trip every spring and fall to Chicago.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    @rinker270nb - check out R4 bouy near wilmette...I think it's 3 or 4 miles out.  Good fishing in that area.  Not a far cruise for you to get there.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3