2012 Rinker EC 400 For Sale - 50 hours!

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought I'd share this with you guys as this model and year of Rinker with these options is pretty rare. It is a 2012 EC 400 with DTS, Axius and 8.2 Mag SEACORES with  Blll X drives. A friend had seen it and thought he'd tell me about it - more like torture me! :-(  He wanted me to go look at it with him.  He said the price was in CDN dollars. If that's true with a 25%+ discount for anyone with U.S. dollars - that would be an awesome deal as the boat only has 50 hours on it. It would be easy to ship as it has the arch (instead of full hard top) so the arch can be lowered. If you want to see it google Marina Port Lewis. I think the boat is on the second page of their inventory. It is in French but you will get the drift.

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'est magnifique!  I like their color choices.
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Oh man that's nice......if only!
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a really nice boat. In the last picture you can so how it towers over the others.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how much? :) I can't browse the link because there's only one tower on this entire island and it's not enough for all of us to actually browse the internet with pictures...
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $250k CAD

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats a gorgeous boat, once I'm done with my 276 I think I'll skip the 30's and go right to 40'! Then get a little jet boat for running around.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    That's my thought too.  Just have to win the lottery first
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do notice the bigger the boat the less hours,so when you hit the lottery save enough money for fuel.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what that boat's hour meters *should* say.

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

This is now officially TORTURE. I was minding my own business today when the Admiral said "Is this a Rinker 400?". I had a look, a cry, then got the camera. Is this a conspiracy to drive me crazy? Can you spot the beautiful EC 400 in the picture cruising down the fairway below our condo? Can you spot it moored on the seawall at the entrance to Tunnel Bay Harbour? BTW the captain took her in sideways....yes, Axius. She is called Day Dreams lll out of Montreal. Gotta love the 400!....for airplane enthusiasts - yes - that is an F-86 Sabre mounted on a pedestal on the island. My father in law flew F-86s.

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    edited July 2017

$250k CDN is a lot of money for a boat without the hardtop. (IMO)  MT, that sure is a great view out of your condo.  Not sure how you can look out and not have a boat!  Hope all is well with you!

We sure do love our 400 and with these new 4 blade props, she rides like a dream!!  I had my boat fully loaded this past weekend.  Full tanks of gas, full water, and more stuff in the boat than we carry for our 10-day trips, several coolers, portable ice maker, prizes/gifts, tons of food (even 3 gallons of Mai Tai :) ) .  She got up on plane just like the boat was empty!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the MPG changed any on your VV?
    Has the MPG changed any on your VV?

I have not noticed a huge difference.  May be partially due to all this bottom paint that I have on it now.

So basically a 4 blade prop just moves more water. 

Sure...I don't know.  I do cruise at lower RPMs than before as well. 

• wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

Theoretically, if you are reaching the same speed at lower rpm you should burn less fuel. It's hard to quantify if there is any fuel savings because there are so many other variables (wind, current, amount of weight on board, etc.).  Just working the engines less at cruise is a plus in my opinion.

Dream_Inn said:

Sure...I don't know.  I do cruise at lower RPMs than before as well. 
    So a 4 blade prop moves more water and allows you to maintain plane at a lower speed therefore theoretically will save fuel
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a view MT, and your initials are a sign. 
    Boat Name : 

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume that is a 410 in front of the hard top 400 on the wall? I really like those 410s, no hard top unfortunately but it looks to be a big boat. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    One more thing @Michael T did you notice the boat passing makes it look like your initials are on the front of the 400 bow rail. It's a sign go buy one. 
    Crazy how you noticed that @shawnmjr !

2008 330EC
    I assume that is a 410 in front of the hard top 400 on the wall? I really like those 410s, no hard top unfortunately but it looks to be a big boat. 

Yes, it is a 410.  We had one at the Rinkervous.  Easy to spot because the do not have the rear seat on the swim platform.  Beautiful boat.  The 420 is the same boat with a longer swim platform and the seat (which was at Rinkervous as well).

@handyman342 - you are correct.  It should be more efficient as well.

• NRSAYNRNRSAYNR Member Posts: 13
    I thought I'd share this with you guys as this model and year of Rinker with these options is pretty rare. It is a 2012 EC 400 with DTS, Axius and 8.2 Mag SEACORES with  Blll X drives. A friend had seen it and thought he'd tell me about it - more like torture me! :-(  He wanted me to go look at it with him.  He said the price was in CDN dollars. If that's true with a 25%+ discount for anyone with U.S. dollars - that would be an awesome deal as the boat only has 50 hours on it. It would be easy to ship as it has the arch (instead of full hard top) so the arch can be lowered. If you want to see it google Marina Port Lewis. I think the boat is on the second page of their inventory. It is in French but you will get the drift.

Is this still for sale?
  • tk1973tk1973 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Looks likes it's sold 
  • ulrch12ulrch12 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    looking for the rear seat extention cushion for a 2004 342 fiesta vee (white)
    CIRRHOSIS OF THE RIVER III
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    ulrch12 said:
    Wonder if I could add a rear seat.  I've seen them on the newer 342s.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    ulrch12 said:
    Stodge I’ve seen rear seats like mine added to the pre 2005 342, it’s really just a piece of 1/2” starboard cut to fit
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    ulrch12 said:
    Stodge I’ve seen rear seats like mine added to the pre 2005 342, it’s really just a piece of 1/2” starboard cut to fit
    Hmmmmm  Would just need to make sure it didn't hit the platform when opening the hatch.  I have a couple bent Weaver stand-offs that were not in the right position when the hatch was opened.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    It's gone from their site...  Is it sold??
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270