Options

Void above headliner - 2001 FV270

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of buying a 2001 FV270. The survey was completed a few days ago and the only concerning finding was higher than normal moisture around a port light fitting. 

While poking around the cabin, I found that the ceiling above the headliner had a somewhat round void on the port side roughly aligned with the edge of the dining table. If I pressed on the headliner the vinyl would push into the void an inch or so before it became too taught to push further. I never felt any "bottom" to the avoid, and stopped probing as I didn't want to stretch the vinyl. 

Should I be concerned about this? My assumption is that it's a void in the ceiling for an uninstalled option, but I'd like some additional opinions. 

Will post pictures from the sea trial next week!

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2002 and don't have that.  Pictures would help.  Good luck with the sea trial
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would either open up the headliner pt at east do some prodding above- if there is a mush issue I'd think you could find it topside as well...if something leaked, there may be something to fix and hopefully not a big deal- it's a boat!