Options

Bravo Transom Assembly broken

Jason23Jason23 Member Posts: 15

Hi,

I have accident and It looks like that Transom Assembly inner ring is damaged (please take a look at the picture). Maybe you have heard about that kind of repair kit for this part: http://www.ghrkits.com/GHRKIT/ghrkit.html

What do you think about it? Or should I change whole Transom Assembly? How do you think, I it possible to change Transom Assembly without taking out the engine?

If I have to buy new Transom Assembly, should I search something special or just look for the same one (with DTS) and that is it? 

Info about my boat:

Boat Model: 246CC

Engine Model: 496 MAG **** SEAC DTS B3

Engine Serial: 1A077644

Transom: 1A409251

Outdrive: OW971028

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Comments

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your woes. The repair kit I doubt will be useful for this problem, seems more extensive than the repair kit addresses and engine out and replace I think is the only path. Accident - insurance coverage?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The engine does need to be pulled, if you change whole assembly,  that's the easy part, a good tech can have it ready to pull in 20/30 minutes.  I had a boat shop replace mine last year, cost $2707.14 US in the US. Labor was $811.20 for 10 hours labor. Total $3551. This was on a 2003, 270 but they about the same. May be the same. Depending on the hours of use. my pins were worn, so I had a lot of low speed wobble, so that needed corrected also. In the long run it was wise for me to replace the whole thing. also had to replace coupler assy, and rear motor mounts which was an additional $1046
    Insurance should cover your's - accident.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    IF YOU SAY IT WAS AN ACCIDENT ? CONTACT INSURANCE,  IT WILL BE COVERED.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I talked with the insurer. All is ok.

How think in this engine (Mag 496 H/O) i can put Bravo three not Bravo three X?
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    Engine Mag 496 High output