Options

Rinker 270 Battery Panel

TheMasterTheMaster Member Posts: 2
Please could you advise on the rear battery switch panel question:

Basically what does the 'red push button' located above the main black rotoary switch do?

Picture attached herewith.

Basically trying to make sure my Mercathod system is kept swithed on, whilst the boat is moored in salt water

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 270 and my panel looks like that except for that switch...don't know enough about the mercathod system to comment, thought all our boats had it and no clue that it turns off or on...
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2002 270 and my switch panel looks the same except for some wording differences around the battery switch, but I don't have that big red button like yours.  Same with Ras I don't know enough about the mercathod other than it has it's own breaker that's seen in the switch box and it's my understanding that it's always on.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that all the breakers on that panel are powered by the battery you switch to, hence switch on off the Mercathod is off. You can check power at blue thing behind the oil reservoir.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    I believe it is used to turn on the macerator  pump.  Do you have one?

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like macerator switch to me also.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    TheMasterTheMaster Member Posts: 2
    OK thanks for the info, I do have a mercerator, so assume that switch is for the pump.
    I usally leave the Battery switch off, when away from the boat.
    Seems I will have to leave on to make sure the Mercathod is alway left on.
    Assume have to leave the charger on to top up the battterys?
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Mercathode if properly installed is wired direct to battery at back of battery switch and is on at all times regardless of switch position as per @Alswagg's post above. Only time it will be off is if you disconnect the battery cable entirely or the batteries go dead. Same as your bilge pumps. And yes, if you have an on-board charger and shore power make sure the shore power switch and battery charger switch are both in the on position on your panel and you'll be all good.

That being said, I always leave my house battery switch turned on house bank because the beer in the fridge must be cold at all times!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)