Davits for 310 Rib Boat. What setups?

jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
So I decided it was time to buy a dinghy for my 330 Signature so we can hop between places when on the hook. Its a 310 Rib boat. I prefer the davits that pivot and allow you to slide the boat up onto the V's rather then tilting it once hooked on the swim platform since we have a 15 hp 4 stroke its hard to remove that every time. Wondering what setups people have out there for our boat. Fire away !

Comments

• JPCJPC Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Here is my Walker Bay 310 ultralight console RIB on the back of my 342.  It's on the Hurley H3o rotating davit.  Just bought the boat this year and the first thing I did was add this setup   
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +++ on the Hurley H3O!  Love mine on my 342 with my AB RIB.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    hmmm how does that work exactly ? Got to be some $$$ in that setup
  • JPCRUZEJPCRUZE Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    The H3 is a great setup and definitely the new kid on the block. The entire setup is awesome but it is chunk of change but if you are already dropping money on a Dinghy then what's another 3K. :-) I wanted to do the H30 but ultimately opted for the H20 since I was able to buy one used other than mounting hardware. After my research on them I don't think you could go wrong with either one, the 20 or the 30. 
    The H3O is a breeze to use. One person. Even in 2' chop. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • JPCJPC Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Lots of videos of the H3o on the net.  Watched them all and read Black Diamonds posts before making the decision.  It is a good option and with the davit, all hardware, stainless rachet straps and padeyes I are below $2,500
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Ok, the H30 looks really awesome!  I like the fact that it is removable as well.  If I could use it with a jet ski, but know it's not too much weight on the back of my boat, I might be interested!  I'll have to do some research.  I'm just not sure if putting that much weight in the back of my boat is a good thing. (for swim platform and boat)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Sea-Doo Spark can ride on the H3O. Seems to be the Sea-Doo of choice for a swim platform. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Sea-Doo Spark can ride on the H3O. Seems to be the Sea-Doo of choice for a swim platform. 

Interesting.  Looks like the 2 person is 405lbs and the 3 is 420.  I see a 2016 3 person on my local craigslist with trailer & 12 hours for $7k.  I'll have to give it some thought for sure.  Guess the admiral will comment though that then we wouldn't have our dinghy (which I guess I could keep and use on the h3o when we want).  I almost bought one of those little jet dinghies last year.  That would've been the best of both worlds!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Back to the top! Still searching for a reasonable solution to mount my 310 Rib with 15 hp on my swim platform without spending a fortune. I know Hurley is a option. Looking for setups people have fabricated them selves. Thinking 1 inch star board scribed to bottom of dinghy, 1 inch stainless c channel and some brackets. Give me some more ideas and photos. ! fire away
  • ghoving3ghoving3 Member Posts: 23
    Checkout trick davits. I put a set on my 330
    Trick Davits are decent, my issue was they do not fit the AB dinghy deep V hull.  For the likes of a Mercury RIB it should fit fine and of course soft bottom dinghys.

Just watch out about the effort it takes to pull it up.  It was a struggle and a 2 person job with my AB 9.5AL and a 9.9 2-stroke.  Mind you, again, the deep-V hull on the AB dinghy highly complicated that.

The H30 is AWESOME. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Interesting. 

Well I fabricated my own davit brackets and am scribing the star board pieces now to the hull so I can cut those and mount em. If they work it will be revolutionary lol. Ill put some pics up once I have em finished. Might even Patent these babies!