Options

Dash panel switches faded. There's one switch that I don't know what it is

Hi everyone, I am very excited, I just purchased a 2007 Captiva 246r bowrider.....and love it so far...

However, in the dash panel the rocker switches are faded.   I figured all of them except one....   The one that I do not know is the far bottom right switch below the steering wheel right beside the galley pump one.  I have attach the picture of the full panel to show the general layout and the second picture shows the faded switch I question beside the galley pump one.

Any help I would appreciate it!  THanks.

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably the Accessory (ACC) switch that was put in as an extra switch. Chances are it doesn't control anything.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    psclroypsclroy Member Posts: 3
    That is a good possibility it does nothing as that what it seems to be doing.   I know it is not the Accessory switch as it is another one....   I will check behind the panel to see if any wires are connected to it....  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

psclroy, you can have more than one accessory switch. An ACC switch just means there is nothing on it, it's spare and they put the button in to fill the hole.

Having said that, you sure it isn't the blower for the engine or the manual bilge pump? Flick it on and make sure you can't hear anything with the engine compartment open. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    DZDZ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    My '06 246BR has that exact switch, and as noted above it's just an extra accessory switch, not attached to anything. Since it was also mentioned, the blower switch is down by the ignition, and the manual bilge is up on the upper left.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DZ, can you provide pics of the switches on your dash? BTW, thanks for the information!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    DZDZ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Here's a pic that shows most of them. As I recall, they are:
    Left from top: Nav/Anchor lights - Cockpit lights - Manual bilge
    Right from top: Horn - Empty Accessory Switch - Docking lights
    Bottom left near ignition: Blower
    Bottom right near 12-volt outlet: Galley Pump - Empty Accessory Switch

Post edited by DZ on
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Search the forum for rocker switch covers, like 5 bucks a piece!
  • Options
    psclroypsclroy Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much everyone, it is well appreciated!  DZ you are right on the money!  :smile: