The only discussion title I can think of is SAD DAY

TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
Its with great sadness im putting my 270 up for sale... 
  Recent developments in my parents health complicate the possibility of keeping the boat, this is breaking my heart.

im hoping my friends here can shed some light on the value. Some have seen the boat and shes a great ride. I put her up a few days ago and im getting a great response. Im beginning to schedule times i can show the boat and im wondering if i maybe underpriced the boat. Theres been very few rinkers for sale around here and as soon as i put mine up a few others hit craigslist this week....figures,lol.     I would be grateful if a few would take a look at the link and give an honest opinion. 

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/d/rinker-270-fiesta-vee/6284123551.html

Comments

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah man, nothing to say other than I'm sorry to hear this man!!!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Well, I think you have it priced correctly. Very sorry to hear you are selling and even more why you need to. It's tough when our parents get old and you have to do what you need to. I was so fortunate to be able to see your beautiful boat and meet you and your son! I was sure hoping to meet the rest of your family next year! Please stay on the forum and hopefully some day you can buy another Rinker!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you have the year in your listing? I dont see it.
  • luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    Trailer. Closed cooling. Low hours. Very fair price! 
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this. Do what u have to do and buy something later. Family comes first, Its just a boat! Do what u have to do, and back at it later
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Price very fair, can price higher, but fair price if you want to just sell and deal with other stuff
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad Day, your price is a little low, not by much, boat is in great shape. Low hours, Hope you sell quick, so you can move on. Things change. I have my 2003 ,270,on the market for $30,900 steel trailer, about 700 hours, not many calls. 
    Boat Name : 

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the replys. just finished showing the boat to a fine couple who drove up from elkton ,md who will call me tomorrow.     i think the price is fair from what ive seen. the problem is everyone watches pawn stars and the other tv shows where the counteroffers are far fetched, lol  thats the situation im dreading. im honestly thinking im on target with price and want to be fair. someone is gonna get a great boat.   

im thinkng any profit can go toward marriage counseling, the wifey is NOT happy,lol

theres no way im out of rinker boating, this is just a break till the smoke clears... cant enjoy a boat if you cant give it the attention it needs. 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with all....half of us at least I bet are sitting on the same fence...
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Dont do it......... Find a way to keep it...... I wish you the best with your parents. Just make sure you think everything out with a clear head before you make a move to sell your boat so you dont regret it later on. Again best of luck with your parents.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Gr8earsGr8ears Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Years ago, we hit a rough spot and had to sell our boat ( not a Rinker).  That "break" lasted 12 loooong years.  We all know hindsight is 20/20, I should have found another way instead of selling the boat.
    Well, I'll be removing the boat at the end of the day to prep for the new owners.  Buyers from MD will be picking her up tomorrow morning.  She sold super fast as I predicted she would.  I'm actually happy to see the new owners excitement.  They are getting a fantastic boat and I wish them years of enjoyment.  This was such a fun ride, met some nice people and I can't wait till the smoke clears and I can begin shopping for a new Rinker. 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on a quick and satisfactory deal! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trashman, I know exactly how you feel. As in your case, seeing the excitement of the new owners - who knew they were getting a rare boat and knowing they were going to look after it lessened the sadness! Best wishes regarding your family issues and hope you find your way back onto a Rinker in the future.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Well, congrats on the quick sell.  Hoping things go well and we can see you out on a larger Rinker soon!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

keep in touch on the forum! After all, Michael T still stays with us!
    Ras, that's because you guys are too  much fun!!!!!
  • DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    I'm floored...I can certainly understand the purpose of your actions, but I can only imagine how much you will miss the time you spend with friends and family on her.  Hope all works out for you and  and you can once again be an active parting of boating.  Come over to Dredge any time you want to get re-aquainted with boating. My hatch is always open.
  • bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Abit low on your price my 2006 just like yours sold for 39,900 this spring no trailer 
    mine was priced at $42900 I went through a broker 

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

Well my pride and joy is in her new home.   The new owners contacted me today with a few pics of her in the new slip.  Their gonna make great memories with their new toy.   Very nice couple. 
    Nice new home- I'm sure if there was a way you'd have done it. Things happen foe a reason and somehow will trust it will work out the best in the end. Appreciate your help as I know you have thrown some comments on some of my issues and I appreciate it!