2004 Rinker 270 Fiesta Vee with very Low hours

Hello,

With the addition of our very young son, the last 2 seasons of boating have not been as pleasurable as they could have been. He just doesn't sit still and have tried to climbed overboard on more than one occasions, so the Admiral said we need a larger more "contained" boa. Therfore, reluctantly our 2004 Rinker 270 with very low hours is up for sale. This would be a great deal for our American friends as asking price is in Canadian dollars so you'll be getting a 30% to 35% disocunt. 

Please click on link below for more info:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/city-of-toronto/very-low-hours-2004-rinker-270-fiesta-vee-for-sale/1296748835?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, like the grill on the back. 
    Boat Name : 

• nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    What is the process/likely issues with a U.S. citizen buying from a Canadian and importing the boat back to the U.S. I have a friend at work that has been looking for a boat like this but she is very skittish about considering buying across the boarder.

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• RustySRustyS Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

I purchased a boat last August (2016) from Canada.

The paperwork seems daunting at first, but in the end there is a simple import form requiring completion, then another form required for the engine. Once I got beyond this the actual "importing" of the boat was next task.

You will need to either drive boat over water to a port of entry in the states, or trailer across the border. I chose to drive boat from Port Colbourne (bottom of Welland Canal that connects Lake O and Lake Erie) over to Buffalo. Called the Customs Border Patrol set up appt. and had them meet us there. You then hand them the forms; they board, inspect, and check things out that all VIN, Engine, Transom Assembly, etc. serial #'s match then you are on your way.

While doing my research I learned there are brokers that will undertake these duties for a fee. I've heard anywhere from $500 up to $1,000+. I figured I could save that money and put it towards the transport as the boat was a Rinker 300 and oversized (no trailer was purchased with vessel).

Hope that helps in your decision; Good Luck!

• nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I will pass that on to her.

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Good luck! Not many forsale up here, surprised it hasn't sold yet
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • love2cruiselove2cruise Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    I hate to admit it but i have a deposit on it. It's bitter sweet as I now having second thoughts about selling it because I enjoy the boat so much... oh well... hopefully I will be back in another Rinker within 4 years.
    Nice!
    US customer?
  • Gr8earsGr8ears Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Keep the boat!!  Leave the child with Grandma.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..... yeah - happens to me all the time. We take her to Aruba and Turks. She is snorkeling (8 years old) and will scuba in a pool this winter in Turks. We fly her first class. Some poor bugger is going to have to have a decent job to attract her gene pool LOL!
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm, you okay over there MT? Private jet is the only way to fly, forget first class ;)
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......@J3ff, sorry brother I not obviously in your pay grade and can't afford the Gulfstream! The kid is going to have to suffer in first class or get a grand dad with deeper pockets.
    Lol. Can I be your grand son
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Michael T , I can get you a good deal at $20,000.00 an hour. You interested??

2008 330EC
    Always amused at how much expendable cash some have. $333. per minute, I'll take 3 minutes.  
    Boat Name : 

randy56 said:
    Always amused at how much expendable cash some have. $333. per minute, I'll take 3 minutes.  

LoL!!
    2008 330EC
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    30 min to Ft Myers

It is crazy, and this is just a $75 million toy!

2008 330EC
    edited October 2017
    LoL, that's amazing. I've been on one private jet ride in my life......and it was just kind of a "sure you want to come?" by one of the richie riches that I know.  It was a 1980's plane that looked no where near that!! The best part about it was no security on either side.  The actual ride was scary as heII, don't really want to do that again. Pilots were bouncing all over the place in their seat on landing, def. thought we were going to crash!  (It was 13,000 for a one way trip to FL) 

One other thought - I prefer Jetblue "evenmorespace" seats all day long to American's 1st class seats.. 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    Kinda different prospective when your sitting on the tarmac waiting your turn to take off for 30 minutes. $10 k   
    Boat Name :