2003 captiva 212 marine amp install

I have installed many car and boat electronics so this isnt about that.  The question is how do you get the power up to to the amp in this boat.  It has a fiberglass floor and walls I dont see anywhere to run the power and ground from the battery to the mounting location inside the starboard side console.  With the waist basket removed there is alot of space inside and I'm  only mounting a small 50x4rms amp.  

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a chase somewhere on the boat, it's just a matter of finding it. On my old 232cc, it ran underneath the padding on each side of the cockpit. Post some pics of the interior of your boat. We will be able to help out with some ideas. BTW, welcome aboard!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There'll be a channel for the shifter cable that you should be able to fish some wires through to the console.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    If you take off the padded storage space in the side wall behind the driver's seat you should see the wires going back to the engine compartment. From there they should go back and under/beside the back walkway storage compartment (compartment liner should be removable) into the engine bay. I believe that the passenger side speaker wire goes forward around the anchor locker back to the storage area across from the trash can (that is where my CD changer is located) and on back to the speaker. Probably have to remove the front speakers for access to get around the bow area. Kind of hard to get to and will require a decent fishtape and fishing by section...

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speaker behind the drivers seat will also give you access.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • R_DAZE_OFFR_DAZE_OFF Member Posts: 7
    Ok I only need to go from the battery to inside the console behind the radio.  But thanks for the replys.