trim tab anodes

I am new to the Rinker family and am very excited for spring. I have a 2005 312 fiesta fee. I was replacing the lower unit anodes and realized that the trim tabs do not have their individual anodes. There is a large plate anode on  the transom in the center and the standard ones on each lower unit. I am assuming that they are stainless and not necessary. There are no holes for them to be installed either. Any insight?

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have them on my 2008 280EC. It never hurts to have them. If you are going to drill the tabs, I would go for the 3 3/4" ones. What kind of water do you boat in?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabs are usually aluminum, as cable is wondering, salt or fresh?   the next couple questions? are you in a big marina with a lot of stray current? how long did the other ones last? Welcome to the forum. they don't cost that much,  Sacrificial Anodes. are just what the name implies's, let the anodes deteriorate, instead of your outdrive.
    Boat Name : 

• schoej01schoej01 Member Posts: 11
    I am in fresh water. I will assume that the marina does have stray curre! 
  • schoej01schoej01 Member Posts: 11
    There were no anodes on the tabs before that I can find evidence of. Only the lower unit tabs and the large plate on the center of the transom. 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My trim tabs are stainless. If you want to add them to yours, be sure to use magnesium anodes for fresh water.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!