Options

FV342 Bathroom Retrofit Ideas

mpn1relmpn1rel Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hey FV342 Owners.....some ideas to spruce up our head.....! Safe boating and Happy Holidays.

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Backsplash looks really nice.  Is that the plastic sheet stuff or actual tile?

How did you get power to that light near the mirror?  Been trying to figure out a way to have a light switch at the entrance but running the wires will be a challenge.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options

I have an access panel on the top by the light....I was able to fish wires from there. (you should have it) If not you can pull it from where your access door is at the bottom...pull out the entire box (Where the toilet paper is) and fish it up.  Good Luck....the light with a bigger mirror make a big difference.

• Options
    The panel in the ceiling makes sense.  Curious how much space there is going from that panel toward the door to the head.  The real trick would be to get a switch in the wall, with it's wires hidden in the "wall".

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    The switch looks like its on the bottom of the light........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @raybo3 agreed.  I've been trying to figure out how to switch my existing (replaced the florescent with LED) fixture with something near the door as you walk in.  I suspect that I'd have to use a surface mount switch and channel of some kind up to the ceiling of the head, then up into the gap above the ceiling.  Right now I have to switch the aft cabin light breaker at the power panel and just leave it on all night.

• Options
    I was able to install a switch where the receptacle is (Trying to find a picture for you) Just a 3/4" round - simple to install switch.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @Stodge just thinking out loud here but why not put a motion detector switch on the fixture and leave the breaker on. When you open the door the light comes on. No cutting into the shower fiberglass or running wires...... Just say'n.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^ to raybo's point.......have you guys seen on Facebook the motion activated LED lights for your toilet bowl? I got one of those and folded it over the shower enclosure. When the door is opened at night, the light comes on. It's not very bright but does the job.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    @raybo3 I just put one of those in our kitchen pantry.  But didn't think about a 12 volt version.  Great Idea.  Now time to find one.

• Options
    Stodge said:
    @raybo3 I just put one of those in our kitchen pantry.  But didn't think about a 12 volt version.  Great Idea.  Now time to find one.
    $11 on Amazon prime:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KTCTV8G/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1RAUPS3T0DV51&colid=1Y8DB3E9DCTCT&psc=0

• Options
    MojosBoatMojosBoat Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Love the tile backsplash. Is it real tile or the plastic? The bowl sink is cool but I don't plan on getting that deep into a retrofit at this time. Looks awesome though.
    Post edited by MojosBoat on
    ALL IN AGAIN, 410 FV Twin 8.1 H/O MPI, V-Drives ,