LED Cockpit Lights

diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Just testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in these LED cockpit lights I made. I cut them out of dirty, stark white StarBoard that I had laying around the shop(wanted to see what they would look like before ordering the correct color StarBoard). They're made to fit exactly into the factory locations without modification to the boat. I can get them in blue, red or white and they match the Radar Arch Plates that I make as well. The light output is about as bright as the factory incandescent bulb but uses WAY less battery. I would be selling them for $20 each (LED included)... Let me know and if there is interest I'll order up some StarBoard and make it happen. Here's some pictures with the factory light next to it(remember, its dirty, scrap, white StarBoard!!): 

Comments

• laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Does that light fit a270? What location? Any pictures of location my boat is all covered with shrink wrap 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I'm pretty sure these are different than are what's on my boat.  I need to do something one of these days with mine.  Some of the plastic covers have come off and I think one or two don't work (no, I don't use them much, but I do like to keep things working and looking good - you don't notice the plastic covers off cause they are clear).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Does that light fit a270? What location? Any pictures of location my boat is all covered with shrink wrap 
    Yes it does... replaces the factory cockpit/courtesy lights on the top deck. 

Dream_Inn said:
    I'm pretty sure these are different than are what's on my boat.  I need to do something one of these days with mine.  Some of the plastic covers have come off and I think one or two don't work (no, I don't use them much, but I do like to keep things working and looking good - you don't notice the plastic covers off cause they are clear).
    Send me one and I’ll replicate it and retrofit it with LEDs
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Diggin, mine are just the little LED with the chrome plastic and glass over it (If I remember correctly).  So no real casing or anything, just the LED fixture itself.  I'll take a look the next time I get down to the boat and take a picture.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @diggin2day1......seeing your unbelievably cool mods I am really sorry I sold my EC 360 before I could purchase some of your product. You remind me of a friend who started manufacturing custom wood products when we were both young. He sold his business a few years ago and bought a resort in Portugal. You have a design/creativity gift - just like he did! I predict a very BRIGHT future for you - pun intended! I can't wait to see what you create next.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the cockpit lights that are on the newer boats.

http://www.itc-marine.com/product/led-baitwell-courtesy-light/

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    The ones that you are making up are on the older boats, probably before 2004ish. They are also on a lot of other brands of boats. I know that I have seen them on Silverton's, Crownlines, and more. I have also seen them on RV's. There would be a huge market for those lights across many different boat brands and RV's.
    Go Steelers!!!
    The ones that you are making up are on the older boats, probably before 2004ish. They are also on a lot of other brands of boats. I know that I have seen them on Silverton's, Crownlines, and more. I have also seen them on RV's. There would be a huge market for those lights across many different boat brands and RV's.
    My FV270 is a 2002 and had this style light... I actually installed round lights but had to cut the boat to make them fit. I like bolt on modifications that can always be returned to factory... Hated making that permanent mod(even though it was small) and thought that I should make these for the guys that don't want to take a 2" hole saw to their gel coat!! Didn't realize that other brands/RVs used the same style light fixture. Thanks Greg, I'll have to poke around and see!!
    Here are the lights. They are from Optronics. I found them a few places. They show up in RV sites, but they seem to be marketed more towards boaters.

http://www.optronicsinc.com/PRODUCTS/RVLighting/RVCourtesy/Products.aspx?SeriesID=511

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Lighting/Optronics/2407765.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhv29iOq32AIVVUsNCh0GNASPEAQYASABEgKcIfD_BwE

Go Steelers!!!
    Thanks Greg!! I ordered the matching Starboard and some LEDs(blue and white) and made a bunch of them this week. I am waiting for the post office to open tomorrow so I can get a price on “flat rate shipping”. I am selling them $17 each(includes (4) stainless mounting screws and your choice of blue or white LED). 
  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    @diggin2day1......seeing your unbelievably cool mods I am really sorry I sold my EC 360 before I could purchase some of your product. You remind me of a friend who started manufacturing custom wood products when we were both young. He sold his business a few years ago and bought a resort in Portugal. You have a design/creativity gift - just like he did! I predict a very BRIGHT future for you - pun intended! I can't wait to see what you create next.
    HEY MIKE!  You can definitely purchase some of those cool mods I would gladly install those on the 360 ! that way you won't feel sorry you couldn't  purchase  :) HA! 

Shouldn't you be combing the beach somewhere in the tropics right about now ????
    edited January 2018
    Bry......brother, you could already open an online marine "amazon" outlet with all the extra parts we stuffed into the 360 and into the bins in your car! :-)  Didn't I even supply the bins? LOL 

Bry....yeah - head out Monday afternoon for Turks and Caicos until March. Not soon enough -33 here tonight with wind chill and more snow on the way!

Will take my laptop to get my fix for winter renos and mods through you guys! 

Come on guys....keep posting all those winter projects. Let's keep @diggin2day1 BUSY!!!!
  • hjbulldoghjbulldog Member Posts: 1
    @diggin2day1 Are these lights still available?  I need 2 of the small ones for my '03 Captiva 212.
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subscribed!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -33, where the heck are you at, the North Pole?
  • RogueRinker07RogueRinker07 Member Posts: 1
    @diggin2day1 Hey, these look great! Do they fit the courtesy lights for a '94 Fiesta Vee 265?
    edited January 2020
    North of the 49th parallel Ras......damm cold. BTW just saw weather reports of the USA mid-west. Pretty fricken cold there today....but here in the T&C its's hot and sunny! :-)

• xortiz23xortiz23 Member Posts: 1
        Just testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in these LED cockpit lights I made. I cut them out of dirty, stark white StarBoard that I had laying around the shop(wanted to see what they would look like before ordering the correct color StarBoard). They're made to fit exactly into the factory locations without modification to the boat. I can get them in blue, red or white and they match the Radar Arch Plates that I make as well. The light output is about as bright as the factory incandescent bulb but uses WAY less battery. I would be selling them for $20 each (LED included)... Let me know and if there is interest I'll order up some StarBoard and make it happen. Here's some pictures with the factory light next to it(remember, its dirty, scrap, white StarBoard!!): 
    Hello, is available please contact me xortiz23@hotmail.com or +17874783775