Toilet Help (LOL)

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Hey guys - Need a quick confirmation regarding the heads. My boat is under shrink wrap right now so I can't climb in to confirm but I am replacing my toilet this spring (whole assembly with hand pump) but I just want to make sure I have the right model. I am 99% sure that there were only two different models that Jabsco makes one is pre a current year and the other is after a current year. My 280 is a 2007. If anyone can confirm this it would be appreciated!

Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Yep they are all identical except for two things
    size
    of the bowl which for you it’s standard size and either manual or auto flush

Also remember that west marine makes indentical toilet but much cheaper 
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @zaverin1 West Marine sells the whole assembly? I was expecting like $300 for a whole new one but I was actually surprised with $150 lol. 
    @zaverin1 The West Marine is actually $50 more than the Jabsco.

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Amazon price is good, but for the compact bowl. If you look close, the full size is $229.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Has anyone changed the traditional hand pump toilet to the electric "vacuflush" type? Jabsco sells what looks like a small kit. Wonder what else I would need to do a conversion. Comes with the toilet, macerator

I don’t know if you get coupons or just wait for a sale.
    i replaced  mine last spring and it was 30 bucks cheaper going with west.
    yes it can be converted pretty easy. All you need is a power source going to the auto flush. So basically running few wires.
    if you have room to with large bowl
    but from my experience standard was put in for a reason lol
    no room otherwise and mounting holes would be off since larger bowl would probably have to be shifted some.
    Yeah my 280 is already wired for Vacuflush (obviosuly don't have it). But this kit comes with the toilet and macerator pump. Does it have a fresh water pump built into the base that pumps the bowl with fresh water after it flushes? Also - Where in the discharge line is the macerator pump have to be mounted? I am assuming anywhere before the holding tank?
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The macerator is built into the pump at the base of the toilet. A set of chopping blades that spin when pump is run. And the pump both sucks water in from your raw water valve and pushes the waste to the tank.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jme097, here is one that I found that has the same bolt pattern as the original toilet. The one you have pictured above might not fit because the pump sticks out the back of it. If/when I replace my toilet, I think I will get this one.

http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/marine-and-rv/electric-toilets/58500-series-lite-flush-toilet.htm

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    @Cableguy Greg I was wondering about that as well but according to their website you can rotate the toilet in 90 degree increments? In the 280 there isn't enough room behind the toilet so I was thinking I would more than likely need the pump to be on the right hand side of the toilet. Do you know by chance where the wires are located that come from the vacuflush rocker switch above the door to the head?
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know where they come from. I would remove the toilet paper holder to see if they are in there. They could also be in the small compartment above the sink.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    No worries sir. I appreciate the insight. Obviously there is still lots of time before the shrink comes off but I just want to have my ducks in a row beforehand
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JME - good question on the freshwater pump. You may need one. I had the Jabsco electric on my 23' center console and loved it. It had no second FW pump, the macerator doubles as a FW pump (has an impeller in it) and it also has chopper blades in a second chamber for your #2. double feature. In that setup the inlet hose was only 6 feet and the toilet base was a little below the waterline. On my 342 I have a FW pump that feeds the macerator. My guess is that is due to the toilet being above the waterline and it is a much longer run. Hopefully someone here with an electric toilet in a 280 can comment on whether or not they have a FW pump in addition to the toilet pump and where it is. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

@Liberty44140 I was reading the manual/installation book and thats what I was kind of hung up on was the installation based on if the toilet is above or below the waterline and where to put the vent bend of the tubing
    Jme 
    you can always just put the water pump right at the current manual pump water pickip and be done with it.

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    No doubt that there is a place to hide the fw pump if you need one. Probably could hide either at the thru hull or under the sink. My center console had only one flush switch, a button which brought water in while flushing out.  The 342 has two switches. One switch is a rocker that fills the bowl with water one way and then flushes dry the other, the second switch Does both at once: fills the bowl from the fw pump while it flushes out. Probably best to decide what you need first, I believe jabsco sells a kit with the electric toilet with macerator, dual switch like mine and a separate fw pump all in one box. Honestly even if you could get away without the fw pump I find the system better with it. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)