Looks like Icebergs on the Delaware River!

TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    That sure looks nasty! Our ice is melting in clumps as well. Was around 60 today. Was nice hanging around on the boat tinkering with a few winter projects. Even some life on the docks. Was all ice around the marina still, but yet so warm that one person was relaxing on the docks reading a book.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    That sure looks nasty! Our ice is melting in clumps as well. Was around 60 today. Was nice hanging around on the boat tinkering with a few winter projects. Even some life on the docks. Was all ice around the marina still, but yet so warm that one person was relaxing on the docks reading a book.
    Today was the day for sure!  I think I’m getting old cause the snow isn’t fun anymore, ha.
    I was down the marina today also, left a deposit on a new to me boat, so I’ll be back in the water this summer again. 
  • jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    This is our club launch on the Connecticut River in Cromwell CT.
  • jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    And yes, I did take the Harley out for a ride, it was about 45 degrees F. Saw three other bikes out, so I was not the only crazy one!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no one picked up trashman just bought a boat? Details!
    rasbury said:
    Lol.  Not a Rinker, unfortunately.   There are none in my area worth  a look.  All salt water or Volvo or needing too much work.    I did try my best, checked every day on the web and took a few trips to marinas to see if any were private sales. No luck w finding a Rinker.  
    I left a deposit yesterday on a 2005 maxum 3100se. It just seemed right.  

... I feel dirty lol
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Congratulations, nice move up from 270. I'm making a boating change this year also, downsizing. 
    Boat Name : 

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashman said:
    rasbury said:
    Lol.  Not a Rinker, unfortunately.   There are none in my area worth  a look.  All salt water or Volvo or needing too much work.    I did try my best, checked every day on the web and took a few trips to marinas to see if any were private sales. No luck w finding a Rinker.  

... I feel dirty lol
    how could you!!  :'(
    edited January 2018
    J3ff said:
    Trashman said:
    rasbury said:

... I feel dirty lol
    how could you!!  :'(
    I honestly tried!  ... I may be impatient.   But seriously, there’s nothing here in the northeast worth looking at. I tried talking the wifey into financing a used 310 but the 90-100k range was not possible.   
    I’m also aware the week I take delivery there will be 10 Rinkers on sale lol
    Well, you'll still be welcome to Rinkervous. But I'll make sure there's more Rinker 310s there than anything else! :). Did you look for any if the older 310/320s? I'm betting there's a couple just in my marina for sale.

Dream_Inn said:
    Well, you'll still be welcome to Rinkervous. But I'll make sure there's more Rinker 310s there than anything else! :). Did you look for any if the older 310/320s? I'm betting there's a couple just in my marina for sale.
    I did dream, nothing in my price range. And I didn’t want to go older than 2004. we had a budget of 50k. It was tough. I think I’m just gonna go to greatlakesskipper and get Rinker decals ;0) 
    Funny, the wifey said “this is big enough for all of us to go to that party you went to last year”.  I told her I’d have to get special permission this year.  Lol. 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    There was one posted here last week that was around that range. Or maybe negotiable. Same as as mine. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have looked west for that Rinker. There are a few in Pittsburgh for sale. I know of a 342 that is for sale on this end of the state that could be picked up for upper $60's. This guy has 2 big cruisers and has been trying to unload the 342 for a few years now.

Congrats on the new boat!!! Be sure to post some pictures.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    x2 on the pictures

icoultha said:
    There was one posted here last week that was around that range. Or maybe negotiable. Same as as mine. 
    Really?   I did see one that was gorgeous a while ago on here it was around 90k w axius.   I was in love with it but the wifey didn’t want to consider financing.   Probably for the best. 
    You should have looked west for that Rinker. There are a few in Pittsburgh for sale. I know of a 342 that is for sale on this end of the state that could be picked up for upper $60's. This guy has 2 big cruisers and has been trying to unload the 342 for a few years now.

Congrats on the new boat!!! Be sure to post some pictures.
    I saw a frw listed in Pittsburgh and Ohio. My price range was 50k max.  I found that the bigger boats went through brokers. I was hoping someone would “know a guy” selling.  No luck
  • DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    Nice boat. I'm a fan of the 310. It has a really nice layout. Congratulations.
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will look good as captain on that 310
    Boat Name : 

Very nice looking boat!  I'm assuming you'll rename her?  She looks ready to be dropped in the water!

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice boat @Trashman. It'll be good to be back in the water. We seriously considered a 2400 before we found our 270 but found it a little tight for space for our needs. That 3100 should be perfect.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Dream_Inn said:
    Very nice looking boat!  I'm assuming you'll rename her?  She looks ready to be dropped in the water!
    The owner bought it from here and it’s stored inside in the winter.  The drives are cleaned and repainted for the season and fresh anodes on both drives.  That was a nice benifit.  The bottom is clean but could use a laver of paint .   Gotta ask the P.O. what paint was on the bottom.  Survey on Thursday. Willhound said:
    Nice boat @Trashman. It'll be good to be back in the water. We seriously considered a 2400 before we found our 270 but found it a little tight for space for our needs. That 3100 should be perfect.
    Will.  Unfortunately it’s not a Rinker.  It a maxum 3100se. I’m praying it is close in quality as my previous Rinker. 

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking boat, congrats!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! Congratulations!!
    2008 330EC