Options

New England Boat Show

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
Went to the boat show last night and was totally disappointed. I must be old school but I do not like the lay out or looks on newer boats. IMO that SeaRay that the side drops down is hideous. Every year I go to the show and it makes me appreciate my boat even more. Also the prices are through the roof. 25' Center Consoles going for $125K. Saw a Formula 42' with 4 300HP Merc outboards for a mere $1.1 Million................... I love my Rinker more every year..... Just say'n 
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I sure do agree!  We must all be getting old! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You  old guy's speak for your self. $125K for center console, $1.1 all that makes the used market look pretty good. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @randy56 ....was wondering too what the point was. A 40+footer with four Seven marine 675 superchaged hanging off the stern....WHAT is wrong with that picture! 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @aero 3113.....OH YEAH! .....TWIN Axius joystick (LED lit) locations helm and stern, air conditioned seats. For @Dream_Inn a highly polished SS anchor. For me 4 Mercury Marine racing outboards with auto fresh water flush, AGM batteries, dedicated scuba tank storage, air conditioned seats AND a highly polished SS anchor LOL!!!! for Handy a diesel generator.....something for everyone! LOVE this boat.....wonder if it comes in black LOL!..... Wait..... 63 GPH at cruise hmmmmm!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm my 05 342 sold for 190000 new. A new 37 ft cruiser go for 400000. My boat is at 50% of its expected life span(+or-). Does this make my boat worth 200k??
    I'll keep what I have and just poor more money in the hole. If you stick money in the hole it floats better.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    @reneechris14 ......I assume the I'll "poor" more money into the hole was a witty play on words!!!!! LOL .....Nicely Done!
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    That Formula 43 with the Quad 400 outboards is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL boat.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    DanD2 said:
    That Formula 43 with the Quad 400 outboards is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL boat.
    Like 500G pretty?
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    WOW!!!! For who - off shore money launderers?
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    See what they will give you in a trade in........ 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @shawnmjr - a green light from the Admiral? - STRIKE FAST brother !!!!!!!.....Have you looked at Canadian boats? Check the value of your dollar - 25%? (or more)...... EASY to ship to Detroit. For same money bet you could get a late model 310 - IMO BIG up-grade over a 290! Worth a look? You could PM @gytee he bought my former EC 310 with AXIUS!!!!!!  T - 350 Mags + BIIIs and many up-grades. He would be a wealth of information!
  • Options
    @shawnmjr....you do not really have to set foot in Canada to arrange the entire deal if you found what you wanted. BTW you should apply for a "pardon" which I am told is easy to do as my stepson had to. Cheap and pretty fast I believe.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the bar at 19? --- young blood, was busy. Memories........
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow and I thought being banned from the UPS store in my town was bad... you're banned from Canada forever??  :D:D
  • Options
    RustySRustyS Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

I went to New England Show last Friday and was disappointed Rinker did not feel it was worth showing their boats. Would have really liked to compare the 30+ to others that were there.

My next step will be 35-37 footer. IMHO Monterey had the best laid out boat there for a 35'. The Formula PC series was nice as well. Favorite for my needs though would be the 35' Monterey. That quad outboard setup was sick; nice window in the candy store, but never in my world....

The new style cruisers with the open bow really impacts the cabin. I suppose if your boating involves bays and the desire for the small cabin they serve a purpose, but not mine.

A buddy who has a SeaRay and bleeds the same was greatly disappointed in their offerings. I too was shocked at their seemingly low level finish. Their layouts sucked as well.

• Options
    @RustyS Rinker was not at the show because they now have a brand new dealer out of New Hampshire and it was a little too late to get a cruiser there in time. The dealer is Fay's Boat Yard. I spoke to one of the managers there and they are excited to have the line.  
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Wilson took my 5 year old RIB in trade toward a center console.  I even made a little money on the trade.  It's worth a shot.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Searay SLX400. Boat of the year 2017
  • Options
    Handy that was one of the boats I liked the least. Sitting at the helm you could not see a thing in front of you. It would only be worse trying to get on plain.... Just say'n
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $563692 for a bow rider, I could have 6 of my boats 1 for each day of the week and one day off of course.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Searay SLX400?  It looks like the new Honda Civic.  Or some kind of dang transformer.  Hideous.
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Searay SLX400?  It looks like the new Honda Civic.  Or some kind of dang transformer.  Hideous.
    Totally agree..........