Options

A Rinker model that was made in the past

randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was not aware of the model, found for sale on CL, The Rinker Rocket

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/d/rinker-rocket-jet-boat/6528301948.html

Boat Name : 

Comments

• Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I was unaware Rinker ever made a jet boat. I would like to see a jet powered express cruiser in the 25-30 foot range for use on lakes and rivers. No prop to damage in shallow water, but still have the ability for overnight stays.
  • Options
    tk1973tk1973 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    jhofmann said:
    Wow, I was unaware Rinker ever made a jet boat. I would like to see a jet powered express cruiser in the 25-30 foot range for use on lakes and rivers. No prop to damage in shallow water, but still have the ability for overnight stays.
    http://www.hinckleyyachts.com/

Take a look at the Talaria line. Love the way they look and jet powered options but big $$
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard of them but don't think I've seen one in person.  I think it was around the same time SeaRay had their F-16 jet boat.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

That Rinker Rocket looks like a lot of fun!  It'd be a great starter boat for my son! :)

The Hinckley boats are all over around here.  They are crazy expensive, but beautiful boats.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There was one at my old marina, which was the Rinker dealer in Pittsburgh, that too forever to sell. The couple that bought it was taking it to Ocean City, MD to use it on the bay behind the town. That way they could go into much shallower water and not have to worry about the tide changes.

Rinker even made a sailboat. The owner of the marina had one.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There was a period in the 90's that almost every manufacturer made a jet boat like this... Four Winns Fling, SeaRayder, Bayliner Jazz, Regal Rush,  etc.  
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool looking...what year was it? I don't see that on the add...