Windless getting in way when trailering

Anytimime I take my 282 off or put it on the trailer the windless hits. Any suggestions? 

Comments

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean the anchor or the anchor roller?  The windlass should be on the deck and kinda hard to hit.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My anchor hits the roller when I take my 280EC off the trailer. It is due to the angle of the ramp that I use. What I do is remove the anchor from the pulpit, then when backing off the trailer, I turn the wheel slightly to one side so the pulpit misses the roller. The boat has to be floating to do this.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I have a similar problem with my 242, launching the anchor drags over the top roller, I just go slow, as trying to hit the brakes to pop it over bent the pulpit. Retrieving the boat I bump the windlass so there is a little slack and I can move the anchor around the roller when winching on the trailer. My trailer is an aftermarket (Venture), I would think yours being a Rinker trailer wouldn't have this issue, unless that is a different anchor than came frim the factory.
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Could be you're retrieving the boat too deep. I have had similar issues with my 280EC: if I have the trailer too deep the boat comes in and the anchor aims for the bow roller. What I do is pull the trailer a little further out, and use a combination of winching and power to get it up on the trailer. 
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, deep water ramp - the anchor gets hung up on the bow roller. Shallow water ramp - no issues. Usually can rock the boat outta the way.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Smoe launches like our boat club do not allow power on or power off. They say it will slowly damage the launch and increase maintaince costs. Boating is expensive enough without raising our club dues!!
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    jhofmann said:
    Smoe launches like our boat club do not allow power on or power off. They say it will slowly damage the launch and increase maintaince costs. Boating is expensive enough without raising our club dues!!
    Power loading at public launches is illegal in Michigan for the same reason.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX