Broke only key to cabin

rb11633rb11633 Member Posts: 15
well, actually my wife broke it-- normal Ace hardware can't  replicate- 2014 360EC--  locksmith?  Would Rinker customer service help?  Thanks

Best Answers

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Is the door open? If it is you take out the latch and there's a number on the mechanism. Forget site but other guys will chime in and give a link. You don't have to blame it on wife.lol
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Don't break the door it cost more then a small child.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    The key number is located on the inside handle. It is stamped in the black part of the latch. You might have to move the black webbed handle to find it. If the key is the original key and you have the number, you can order a new one here... http://mobellakeys.com/ I have ordered keys from them and they get here fairly fast.

It is a 3 digit number, usually 8xx or 9xx.

Usually you can carefully dig out the old broken key part with a pick or small jeweler screwdriver. If you can't get the key out, you might have to call a locksmith to get it out.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    They are mobella keys.  http://mobellakeys.com/ if you have your key you should be able to get a number off of it and order a replacement.  I did this so i could have spares.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Answers

• rb11633rb11633 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks all- was able to get out key-- stamped number on it-- so will try the website!  Appreciate it!!

• rb11633rb11633 Member Posts: 15
    Can't thank all enough- just ordered on line with website- and will have in a couple of days-- number was stamped on key, luckily--

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Believe it or not, I have 5 sets of keys to my boat. One set is in my wife's car, one set is in my truck, two sets at home and one set very hidden on the boat. I also have an extra cabin key on my work truck key ring so I can access the boat no matter what vehicle I am in. I leave the sets that are in the vehicles so that if I forget my main set of keys, I always have a set. There is nothing worse than getting to the marina and having forgot your keys.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • GreyAlistairGreyAlistair Member Posts: 1
    Take a locksmith while going on marina may be it will be helpful.
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum @GreyAlistair.  Though we don't condone the amount of drinking you appear to have been doing before that post ha 😂
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    skennelly  LOL.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I just thought it was a Yoda imitation! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key number is located on the inside handle. It is stamped in the black part of the latch. You might have to move the black webbed handle to find it. If the key is the original key and you have the number, you can order a new one here... http://mobellakeys.com/ I have ordered keys from them and they get here fairly fast.

It is a 3 digit number, usually 8xx or 9xx.

Usually you can carefully dig out the old broken key part with a pick or small jeweler screwdriver. If you can't get the key out, you might have to call a locksmith to get it out.

^^^^ THIS!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"