2002, 310 fiesta vee EC cabin access door

Type your  I'm looking for a 2002, 310 fiesta vee EC  cabin access door.  can anybody direct me to a supplier or a manufactor that can recreate one

any suggestions could be helpful

thank youmessage

Comments

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
  • caswellccaswellc Member Posts: 4

I'm still looking for a 2002-310 fiesta vee EC  cabin access door. I've had no luck and the Rinker company cannot supply any information on this door at all.  they can't even supply the OEM stock number. Truthfully they don't want to get involve, or they don't have qualified personal that can give me a professional answer.  They dump the entire supply line of parts and they left the search problem to the Rinker owners.

If anybody can give me any information or shop that I can reach out to, I would really appreciated.

I love the boat but without company back up it's hard for me to even think of buying another Rinker boat

Thank you all for your time and efforts in helping.

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm puzzled by your experience with contacting Rinker, they've always been as helpful
    as possible with many of us on the forum. But I can say with some confidence that there was probably never an "entire supply line of parts" to dump.
    Small items, hardware, electrics etc. are/were all supplied from outside vendors. Large items like the cabin door you are seeking were only manufactured in numbers large enough to maintain production at the time and perhaps a very few spares, none of which will still exist after 17 years. They can't give you a part number because there never was one.
    Your options are to find one from a salvage boat in a graveyard somewhere or have one custom built. That's about it. Not the answer you're looking for, but reality.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    I too have found Rinker very helpful when I've contacted them.

Think of it this way - if you called Honda, Ford, etc. and were to ask them about a 17 year old car, what do you think they'd say?

IMHO - Any product greater than 10 years old, you're going to have a tougher time finding info/parts.
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Plus boats are much more of a limited production item. They are not manufactured by the hundreds of thousands of units, like autos, which allow for large parts inventories. Older cars, boats too, I would assume, often you must resort to the salvage yards for parts. 
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked greatlakesskipper.com?  They have tons of Rinker parts.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the company that manufactured the doors from that era are no longer in business. That is probably why Rinker can't get you anything.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think oem parts for cars are only produced for 5 years after obsolescence...so 17 Years? Don't be hating on our rinkers...