Options

Small buffer

2»

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did send an email but quickly got the feeling that since I did not purchase direct I was on my own...so I ordered a new one for 15 bucks and also some more aggressive pads which I needed ..we will see! 
  • Options
    So I got the replacement backing plate- it did look a little different, maybe the one I had maybe was an earlier version or something.  I also purchased a white pad listed as major more aggressive than the ones that came with kit. Major difference. Keep in mind these pads are made for clearcoat surfaces . I would rather use a more aggressive pad than compound. My helm "dash' was in really bad shape. I worked on it a few hours with different materials and pads. What seems to shine through is the 3m heavy oxidation one step with wax. I will eventually go back over with more wax. This little buffer with this new pad is really working well but you have to get the hang of it and I have little experience with this.. 
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    @rasbury are you also trying different speeds?
    Also, if pad cakes up just a little it needs to be washed.  It totally loses it’s effectiveness.
  • Options
    Yep..doing that...washing it out..that little buffer will run up to 10000 rpm..