2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    I like puppies 
    Do they perform better than cats?
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    uh oh, you perked up Handy's ears!  LOL!  I think the topic is fine, as long as you all keep it clean and not call each names or belittle each other.  I've actually learned a few things by reading both you guys posts...
    Just on the other side of your border the Canadians can get factory diesel land cruisers we in the states cannot import until they are 25 yrs old or older. 

Diesel land cruisers were killing the early blazers/bronco and jeeps at that time.   Sadly in the states all we got was a redesigned chevy inline 6 that got 16 mph on the best of days with a good tail wind down hill. 

The bj40 advertised 80mph on the speedo and promised it would do it.  

It all started as the fj25 until 1964.  The Japanese reverse engineered jeeps left behind in ww2 then spend a while in the outback making it better.  Many middle eastern countries chose it as their military vehicle, even up to the 70 series.  The 43/45/70/73/75 models are all slightly longer and the series ending in a 5 could be a truck or long wheelbase troop carrier.

Even had land cruiser fire trucks.  

The British and aussie military went in a different route, they chose their land Rover defender. Available in 90/110 and 6x6.  In Australia they repowered the under powered and unreliable petrol engine with an isuzu 4bd1t, similar to a 4bt.

In England they replaced the power plant with a vw 200 tdi then later the 300 tdi.

In England a used defender is like an old f150, cheap and a dime a dozen. 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    icoultha said:
    Not sure why we care about this “my member is bigger than yours” argument.
    Can we keep this on topic 😜😜😜😜😜  
    Exactly. How about sticking to the theme of the forum - Engine Discussions to do with Boating and Rinker boats. Its not a car and truck forum.
    I was 100% joking. This thread was only posted to poke fun at a coal burning hater.  Feel free to talk about puppies and beer if you'd like in this thread 😄
    Not at all, I’d prefer it stay relevant to boating unless in the non-boating section. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Can a mod move this to the non boat related section?
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod

Yes it's a real product.  Doesn't burn diesel but it might make the dog gassy. 
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    It's winter, what does a little engine banter hurt?  Doesn't matter where it is.  We ALL love engines here. I prefer diesel's in my trucks, gas in my boats! Love them both
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    dalekdalek Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    It's winter, what does a little engine banter hurt?  Doesn't matter where it is.  We ALL love engines here. I prefer diesel's in my trucks, gas in my boats! Love them both
    And I have diesel in my boat, gas in my truck. Love them both also.
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    I would think these two would have exchanged phone numbers by now
  • Options
    earl1z19 said:
    I would think these two would have exchanged phone numbers by now
    You dont know what goes on in our inboxes lol

Boat pic to keep this boat related