Options

Here it is Hard Top vs Non Hard Top

13»

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    If I had the time & space I wouldnt mind a resto project like that with my stepson.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I honestly don’t think it’s in that bad of shape. Extremely dirty cockpit and engine compartment. Looks like a fresh water cooled engine also! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭✭
    That old of a boat is probably wood core hull and balsa at that.  If that has had any water intrusion anywhere the entire hull core is soggy and needs removed.  

This is the same type construction sailboats used in cabin tops where the mast mounts.  

Its almost easieir to split the hull back in half to do that kind of rehab.

Stingers/transom/fuel tank is a cake walk compared to that kind of project.

Its worth if if you have the time, enjoy working on a project and dont mind dropping lots of time and 5 to 10k in just the hull/cabin rehab.  Seats, engine power, electronics all on top of that.    This is an off the top of my head estimate.  Working 40 hrs a week, id estimate 3 to 6 months of work.  

Would be a pretty boat and great for dockside chat once done.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Oy vey.  I don't think even @PickleRick or @javhav could bring that one back to life.
    @javhav is in a different league than me on his project.  My rinker compared to his and goodies ive added vs goodies hes added...im like the kid with streamers on his tricycle showing up to a harley bike night and parking next to javhavs brand new geezer glide.  But thanks for the vote of confidence! 

When the economy comes back im asking javhav if he's taking applications lol
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,538 mod
    Sometimes, a boat just needs to be allowed to die.  That owner is probably facing at a hefty bill to dispose of the carcass, so why not list it on eBay for a dollar.  
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Oy vey.  I don't think even @PickleRick or @javhav could bring that one back to life.
    @javhav is in a different league than me on his project.  My rinker compared to his and goodies ive added vs goodies hes added...im like the kid with streamers on his tricycle showing up to a harley bike night and parking next to javhavs brand new geezer glide.  But thanks for the vote of confidence! 

When the economy comes back im asking javhav if he's taking applications lol
    Lmao I like streamers  but it'll be while before the economy comes back so for now no applications are being accepted lol
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    I would just burn it put it out of it's misery 
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Take a chainsaw to it