Options

Time for new upholstery

2»

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really look great!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I had to go back and look at the pics right after installation and compare. The wrinkles really did settle.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boat back then was a day boat with very little canvas, no Bimini, so it got a lot of sun all weekend. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s see pics of the helm disassembly!!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    @YYZRC i will start a new thread. Had to stop today to come home and get different tools....and i was getting cold.
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    The seats turned out great. They have a decidedly upscale look to them. What are your plans for the helm?
  • Options
    @RiverRat232 i am filling in some holes, recessing the panels so can use a blank woodgrain material and dont have to worry about the edges and then changing the color to a darker brown. The only thing i havent decided on is if i am using paint or gel coat.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seats are designed with a gap between the seat back and base? He really does nice work.
  • Options
    @rasbury yes.  I thought about lowering the backs a little by lowering the clips the seat backs slide into.  Maybe another year.  That gap is a little annoying.  It is just wide enough for dirt and junk to get in.  Don't forget that mine were done by a lady in Myrtle Beach.  She is one of his subcontractors.
  • Options
    That is also my concern...
  • Options
    So, Archie who owns the company came out to look at the boat. While I could not seem to get the point across that they did not copy my upholstery but rather just covered my backer boards in the help seating area, he is going to fix the one bench seat to make it longer so everything will fit "better" and like wise fix the carpet...I think. In hind sight as I mentioned before, I think if I had just sent him the skins to copy everything would have been fine and everything would have fit- since he was close to me and I wanted everything done right, I pulled the seats and took it all to him. The quality of the work is great, the stern seating was done prefect and have no issues with that or the captains chair. It will still bug me the way it hopefully will come out the rest of the time I have the boat but at least, I hope, it will be better.