2001 Rinker fiesta Vee 270 towing

Does anyone know the trailering tongue weight for a 2001 Rinker fiesta Vee 270? I am having to tow my boat from Tennessee to Michigan and want to make sure I have the right tongue weight. I don’t know what kind of hitch to put on my truck. A raised or lower hitch or straight hitch. 

Comments

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Lower Columbia River, WashingtonMember Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    It's should be less than 1000 pounds, I think 10% of the boats weight however a lot of the boat weight is at the back.  What  are you towing it with? 
    Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 Gi-H
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭
    Hitch level is determined by vehicle and trailer height, you want the trailer level when on the hitch. 
  • Archy121212Archy121212 Member Posts: 3
    I’m towing it with a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab with trailering package and max cooling. 
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Lower Columbia River, WashingtonMember Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I would think you should be fine with a straight hitch no drop or rise. I think you're good to tow 10,700 from looking online. I have a Reese hitch and ball that's rated to I believe 16,000 to tow my 280 EC, it's overkill ove better safe than sorry and it wasn't very expensive. I tow with an F350 diesel just FYI. 

I towed a Bayliner that weighed about the same as your 270 with my Tahoe no problems and had a straight hitch. 
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 Gi-H
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLMember Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTMember Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭
    If 2 guys can stand on the swimplatfrom and the tongue of the trailer comes off the ground you need to move the boat up on the trailer. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
     Some tips I picked up: put a strap from the trailer to the bows u bolt, it keeps the boat from bouncing.  I keep an infra-red temp gun w me check the hubs to see that they are all the same temp.  

The lower / higher hitch is the same, just flip it over to your preference and meeting height of your rig.
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLMember Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can slide that roller back a bit also...I find on my 270 when I crank my boat up at the ramp , the trailer flexes and is on the roller...until I get it flat...so I move it and then end up moving it back again..if it's on the roller it won't bounce...and bouncing us not good...
  • mattiemattie Sarnia, OntarioMember Posts: 648 ✭✭✭
    If you’ve just left the ramp & find you’re not quite far ahead enough on the trailer - find an empty parking lot & hit the brakes a bit hard. Boat will slide up into the sweet spot on the bow roller, no bouncing.
    Easy to do if the bunks/boat is still wet.
    Then re-do the transom straps.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I tow my 280EC with my F150, I have a rise on the hitch. My trailer has a built in hold down strap on the front. Awesome feature.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!