Options

Trim tabs not working

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
Hi everyone,

First time boat owner question on trim tabs. They are not working.

I have a 2013 290EC and the Lenco trim tab is the model with the rubber pad on the dash. It doesn't have power as it has no lights and the tabs don't work. I need help to fix.

I know enough to first try to see if it's a blown fuse. The fuse in the cockpit isn't popped out. I understand there is another fuse in the wire to the tabs themselves. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find it in the mess of wires down in the engine compartment.

Has anyone had this issue with a similar boat and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Art
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the tabs to work you have to have the key in the on position, have you tried that?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yes. That I did know. Still doesn't work.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see the lights on mine unless it is dark- I would pull the switch and make sure you have power and then go backwards. Might be all the power and the tabs are just toast. I had one of mine go...might try tapping on them also, might just be froze up. Unlikely for both though....should have seen my boat going with only one working...I thought the boat was going to flip!
  • Options
    Ouch, can't imagine only one working. I will try to pull the switch out and see the cables. I think the model I have has everything built into the switch. Thanks.
  • Options
    @MiamiAG , Lenco customer service is very good. They may replace or fix it for you. I have the integral switch also and had no power to it, they replaced it for free.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Was it under warranty? Mine is a 2013.

• Options
    From the Internet, I would call them though. Like I said good customer service.

Lenco Marine LLC warrants its new products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the following periods: Trim Tab kits, Switches, and Actuators purchased after April 1st, 2019 have a 5 year warranty. Products purchased prior to April 1st, 2019 are under our original warranty period of 3 years.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My control box got some salt water in it and it’s seemingly toast. Aero, do you have an email contact at Lenco or did you call?

thanks!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    I emailed them. Hopefully you can get them to send you the newer assembly without the control box. Everything is integrated in the switch assembly.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Try this email address:

Jim.tabscott@lencomarine.com

2008 330EC
  • Options
    That would be way better! Thanks Aero!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What in the world would that control box do ? All they do is go up and down!
  • Options
    Auto retract when you shut down. 
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    Auto retract when you shut down. 
    The integral switch unit has auto retract also.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    PerLa55PerLa55 Member Posts: 1
    I had some connection problems with one of my flaps too. It seemed to be bad connection to the minus HUB connector (cleaned all of the wires/connections to it and now it seems to work again).
  • Options
    I ordered the new style integrated switch today, same as you have Aero.
  • Options
    Nice! They should’ve designed that switch assembly from the beginning. My old control box is still under the dash, I want to remove it.
    2008 330EC