New to Rinker, thoughts on a 2006 320

2»

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Volkl1996 said:
    YYZRC said:
    I feel the same way about my 330. For me, I think the steering wheel is too far forward and it is too far to the starboard side. I’m only 6’ but I’m all legs and arms, no torso!
    I think that may be it, I felt like the steering wheel was at my knees. And the visibility through the windshield and isinglass sitting even with the bolster seat up was not good. The seat itself felt kind of flimsy as well. When I tried to move it it was very loose and actually felt like it was going to break off.
    At least half of the bolts on my seat track and bolster were loose or missing entirely. I replaced them and secured with Loctite. Was pretty easy. I wouldn’t worry about the seat feeling flimsy, it can be fixed. 

The comfort issue I have isn’t fixable with tilt. In order to be centered with the wheel, I am sitting right against the starboard side panel. My legs are long and my knees hit the helm but at the same time I found the wheel to be too close. It’s just totally awkward ergonomics for me. Saying that, I haven’t been out on the water yet so I’m hoping I can find a comfortable position. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    @YYZRC ergonomics is funny.  With same boat as you and standing 6'2", I have my seat way forward to get the steering as close to me as possible.  That's more comfortable for me.

As @Volkl1996 describes his likes and unlikes, I think he would like our 330's better than the 320.  I think the cockpit has better seating options with the u-shaped rear seat, and the cabin has a more comfortable couch rather than dinette, (although small table) and has an open aft cabin with another couch similar I believe to the Cruisers he's looking at.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely would not buy a boat that is uncomfortable to operate, even just a little, it will make you less excited to take it out. Agree look at the 330 or consider the cruisers if that is better for your height. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkl1996 said:
    I'm 6'3", I can't stand at the helm on a 342
    I’m 6’2 and stood at my helm no prob. 
  • Options
    Volkl1996Volkl1996 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    Spyderweb said:
    @YYZRC ergonomics is funny.  With same boat as you and standing 6'2", I have my seat way forward to get the steering as close to me as possible.  That's more comfortable for me.

As @Volkl1996 describes his likes and unlikes, I think he would like our 330's better than the 320.  I think the cockpit has better seating options with the u-shaped rear seat, and the cabin has a more comfortable couch rather than dinette, (although small table) and has an open aft cabin with another couch similar I believe to the Cruisers he's looking at.
    Yep I love the layout of the 330, however the only one available on the market here has the Volvo composite drives. 
  • Options
    Volkl1996 said:
    What year? I looked at a 2004 and had to bend my head while standing at the helm. Took a measurement, it was 6 ft. 
  • Options
    I made an offer on the Cruiser Yachts 320. Seller came down 5%, I countered. Seller's broker said that's as far as he was going. So I'm walking away from that one. I don't understand why people don't leave themselves room to negotiate. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forward and aft facing “U” seats in the cockpit was a must for us.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the Rinker being composite drives maybe you can really get them down on price. From what I understood they are fine if your not running hard with them tilted up. Then you could replace with ocean X 🤔
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkl1996 said:
    I made an offer on the Cruiser Yachts 320. Seller came down 5%, I countered. Seller's broker said that's as far as he was going. So I'm walking away from that one. I don't understand why people don't leave themselves room to negotiate. 
    Yea that means they came down what, $3k? It’s because he listed it with a broker but can’t actually swallow the broker fees. If he really has that little flexibility he should just list it for his bottom and say in the ad the price is firm and no negotiation, that I can respect. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Volkl1996 said:
    Yea that means they came down what, $3k? It’s because he listed it with a broker but can’t actually swallow the broker fees. If he really has that little flexibility he should just list it for his bottom and say in the ad the price is firm and no negotiation, that I can respect. 
    Yep, I like the broker a lot, sounds like the seller is the issue. Seller came down $4000 in price and that's it. 
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Sounds like the Rinker being composite drives maybe you can really get them down on price. From what I understood they are fine if your not running hard with them tilted up. Then you could replace with ocean X 🤔
    Every broker I've talked to has said stay away from the composite drives. I guess somebody is buying them though and taking the chance. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how there is still boats with the composite, I guess the previous owners never took advantage of the class action or whatever it was. 

I hate when people try and sell boats like it was an appreciating investment and they want all of their investment back. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I hate when people try and sell boats like it was an appreciating investment and they want all of their investment back. 
    Meandering off topic a bit but I made an offer on a 2009 340 last fall.  Boat had great options (hardtop and Axius) but had 800 hours and was not maintained - no service records and clearly no pride of ownership.  Seller was asking $100k.  I offered $80k as that's where the comps put it.  Broker tried to play me off another buyer who offered $82k; the sellers rejected both offers and a month later the broker was begging me to buy at my original $80k offer.

My father cautioned me that "boats are easy to buy and hard to sell" - probably not a phrase that is directly attributable to him but it's clear that a lot of sellers are nutters.  There are 3 330s on YachtWorld that have been there for at least 9 months...
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I raised my seat with some wood then covered with starboard it actually goes back a little further now 
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Volkl1996 said:
    The owner should have forced the broker to split the difference with him to make it happen
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkl1996 said:
    Volkl1996 said:
    What year? I looked at a 2004 and had to bend my head while standing at the helm. Took a measurement, it was 6 ft. 
    2003. What are you measuring up to?
  • Options
    earl1z19 said:
    Volkl1996 said:
    The owner should have forced the broker to split the difference with him to make it happen
    I could not agree more. Or the broker should have decreased their commission to make the sale happen. We were $4,000 apart, that's just ridiculous.

When I sold my 330 Sea Ray sundancer the broker came back with an offer. I told him exactly what I wanted to get out of the boat, he can figure out what his commission needs to be to make that happen. It was sold in two days. I used the same broker to sell my 3780 Regal. Same thing happened, an offer came in. again I told him what I wanted, two days later it was sold. To this day I don't know what his commission was and didn't care.
  • Options
    Volkl1996 said:
    Volkl1996 said:
    2003. What are you measuring up to?
    I'm working off memory as it's been a while, but I think from the floor to the bottom of the radar arch. 
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Volkl1996 said:
    earl1z19 said:
    Volkl1996 said:
    I could not agree more. Or the broker should have decreased their commission to make the sale happen. We were $4,000 apart, that's just ridiculous.

When I sold my 330 Sea Ray sundancer the broker came back with an offer. I told him exactly what I wanted to get out of the boat, he can figure out what his commission needs to be to make that happen. It was sold in two days. I used the same broker to sell my 3780 Regal. Same thing happened, an offer came in. again I told him what I wanted, two days later it was sold. To this day I don't know what his commission was and didn't care.
    I do that with anything I sell. I know my bottom line of what I need to net and go from there. My last 2 houses were bought and sold with a phone call, no back and forth with the agent that takes days. Get on the line with the person who is interested (and their agent if needed) and make the deal. Its not rocket science its just money.