Options

Covid boating strikes close to home in Clayton, NY

2»

Comments

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 884 ✭✭✭
    I purchased mine at end of 2017, and I know it sat at brokers marina (Trade-A Yacht Oneida Lake) for all of the 2017 season on the hard for sale.  And I also believe it was stored winter of 2016 down near east end of Oneida Lake.  So looks like your paths never would have quite crossed.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    @Spyderweb I thought the name of the town sounded familiar ... I'm a customer of a jewelry shop in Clayton called the Golden Cleat.  Ever heard of it?  They make lots of nautical-theme jewelry.  I bought the Admiral a cleat necklace a few years ago, and it's one of her favorite accessories.  
  • Options
    @LaRea not familiar with shop (not surprising) but what was a little surprising was that my wife wasn’t either.  Asked her why and she said she was never really into nautical jewelry (but plenty of other types).  However my daughter (who boats out of same marina as us) was familiar with it and has even noticed some bar maids and waitresses up there wearing some of the distinctive jewelry.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    This is her favorite.  Small ... 3/4".  Subdued, low-key, but the right sorts of people notice and say "hey, that's a cleat!"  The owner is really nice. 
    https://www.goldencleat.com 

• Options
    Bet you can tell who the boaters are by the comments.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like that! 
    Boat Name :