Options

Non boat related personal or political comment removed

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes from Ohio, hope everything continues to improve!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Ras whats her name 
  • Options
    rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    @GMSLITHO Ras said her name is Breanna.
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Devastating story.  I just gave my kids a hug...  Thoughts and prayers Ras...
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Blah

Post edited by rasbury on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    @rasbury thanks for the update. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. You should set up a "go fund me" page to help with costs. I am sure many here will help as every bit helps alot. Breanna will remain in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless Her......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    Ras be strong.  
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    Will be keeping Breanna, you, and the Admiral in our prayers.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras, I am glad to hear of the progress, and we will continue to pray as you deal with challenges. If you want opinions on the boat, you probably already know what the right answer is ... you won't enjoy it knowing it is taking you away from this important issue. You can always buy another boat later on.

I just have to shake my head at the staggering costs in the US for health care ... it's wrong man. I know you can't do anything about it, but no one should have to be buried in debt in situations like this ... it's wrong!  Anyhow, as Raybo says, setup a go fund me page ...

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. I honestly check this thread every morning to check for updates on her and your family. Keep the faith and you are still in our thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t believe that dad did not call you guys!  What a fine person. 👎🏻

Probably a long road for her and you guys. She is lucky to have you two. Your attitude has been amazing through this all. Have to commend you on that. Stay strong!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Hoping for a full recovery.

Many years ago (about 1992) wife and I were headed home about 2:30AM from a night out. Neither of us were drunk but we were headed down a long dip and I noticed my headlights reflecting off of something in the middle of the road. There were no lights on this road at all and woods on both sides. There was a Ford Mustang (about 1995) sitting sideways in the middle of the road wrecked. I put my high beams on and stopped with my lights pointing towards the car. We ran to the drivers side and didn't see anyone and the hood was leaning against the front fender like it had been placed there so we thought maybe the driver fled. Went to the passenger side and opened the door and a young kid 'fell out' of the car but unconscious. We then saw headlights coming the opposite direction so we slammed the door shut and ran towards the lights to stop that car. He wasn't stopping so we both jumped over the guardrails to avoid being hit and he slammed into the drivers side door of the Mustang and pushed it about 10'. We came back over the guardrail and that driver got out and started screaming at us. The police/fire/and EMS showed up and arrested that driver for DUI. They life flighted the young kid in the Mustang. When we got back up there he was half way out of the car with his right arm trapped underneath the car and the right rear wheel snapped off. The kid survived and spent months in rehab. He was 16 and as far as I know still has a limp. He was holding the hard back page of a phone book where you write numbers in if you can remember those pages? I was told later by people that I know that he had been at their house then left and went home then snuck out of the house and we found him shortly after that. I struggled for years wondering if we had not opened that door would he have been better off? Was it our fault for the extent of his injuries? It bothered me for years and I finally just came to the conclusion that we had good intentions and made the best decision we could with the information we had at that time.

Sorry for hijacking but thought I'd share this as in the end it worked out for him and from my understanding other than a limp he is fine. One day a few years later I was on the riding mower cutting grass and saw him walk by. I don't think he ever knew who we were or what our names were. The police had all that info so they may have gave it to them but who knows. I guess he had that phone book page cause he was headed off to see some girl.
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    keeping the positivity going for your family. Things will get better for her in time. Thank you for the update and stay strong brother.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury glad to hear things are looking better. Whatever you decide to do with your 270, you’ll always be welcome here...
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury, she is extremely lucky to have you an the Admiral there to look after her. Your strength will make her strong. There’s bumps in the road to come but some of the big ones are behind you. All the best my virtual friend.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay stong she will need you more than ever and thank god she has you. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    we will keep praying for you ....
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Blah
  • Options
    tonystoytonystoy Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    Great to hear! Every time I open the Rinker forum page I think of you and your family @rasbury! Keeping you in our thoughts! Keep the good news coming!!
  • Options
    Great news! Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    Nice!! Someone up high seems to be looking out for her and guiding her to the right places. Keep the updates coming. Prays seem to be helping so we will keep them coming
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like she is in good hands. Hoping for the best here
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    This sounds positive for Breanna.....will keep the prayers and positivity flowing Ras.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Blah
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    Thanks for the update Ras.
  • Options
    Still sending prayers. God bless her.
  • Options
    yes Thanks for the update 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there Ras, better days are coming.
    Boat Name :