Options

Need urgent help - FIXED

2»

Comments

• Options
    bert_floridabert_florida Member Posts: 69
    We’re in a blue crippled 290 lol. Might venture out to a reef nearby this afternoon and try to do some diving. Single engine sucks, but it’s very doable if I don’t go far. 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Hardin pumps are back ordered. At least 2 weeks ago they were. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah I'm over on the Bay side! 

Not to derail the thread but I found a new small leak from somewhere... Have to love boats
  • Options
    Man that looks like the same we have, but not as bad.
  • Options
    I'm done at work at 2 if you need someone to bring you something to drink to celebrate a new working pump!
  • Options
    Hahaha. I’ll keep you guys posted. Hope we can get it done this morning. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news @bert_florida !
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    be careful in Key West man, the most cases in the keys are centered down there!! 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another tropical storm brewing
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    be careful in Key West man, the most cases in the keys are centered down there!! 
    Are you this terrified of contracting the flu too?
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Are you this terrified of contracting the flu too?
    Not terrified, but would not be near key west anytime soon.. it's literally the petri dish of the keys! Even pre-covid it was pretty gross down there!! 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    In the 60s my family loved the key West camp grounds.  My dad once helped a NASA engineer in the keys clean points and plugs on his boat and was invited along on a fishing trip with them.  30 miles off shore they ran a ground.

Key West isn't what it used to be.

We visited 2 years ago.  We confirmed it was not anyting my family wanted to see again.  I might take the admiral again, by boat, if its just the two of us.  It would only be a refill spot before the tortugas...after that Cuba sounds like a next logical destination.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a couple days in Marathon for work and it was not what I was expecting at all. 😕
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Just spent a couple of days in Key West a month ago. We stayed at the Galleon Marina and used a rented golf cart to get around. Depending on when you go, Key West will either be old Florida Keys or a tourist nightmare or extremely seedy. The Galleon is fantastic and a wonderful marina to stay over if you're ever down there.
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I spent a couple days in Marathon for work and it was not what I was expecting at all. 😕
    I'm not a huge fan either. It's a good base if you are going offshore for deep sea fishing. We stayed in a great, new marina that made it enjoyable. They have great restaurants. However, it's not the prettiest of Keys.
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    We made it to Key West yesterday, everybody is wearing masks here! This is not the Key West I remembered, I loved coming here and going bar hopping on Duval Street and people watching, very interesting place. However, with this COVID everyone is wearing a mask, which I applaud, but most businesses are closed. We're staying at the Galleon, superb marina, going to make it to the Markesas Keys today for a couple of hours just to look around, then head back here before making the long crossing home. We still have a handful of days before things go downhill with this new stupid storm brewing.

• Options

The Galleon Marina in Key West above upon arrival, and we got to stop half way down here and do some snorkeling, God I love the water around here, so clear!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MiamiAG said:
    Just spent a couple of days in Key West a month ago. We stayed at the Galleon Marina and used a rented golf cart to get around. Depending on when you go, Key West will either be old Florida Keys or a tourist nightmare or extremely seedy. The Galleon is fantastic and a wonderful marina to stay over if you're ever down there.
    We stayed there too. All the best restaurants are right there