Options

The next boat.... what's yours?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Out of my planned future budget: Some sort of express cruiser like a Rinker 310 EC      Out of my lottery winnings: Cruisers Yachts Cantius 50 Fly 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    @benvenuttiokiif there's a Nordhavn in your future, you might enjoy a book called "Voyaging Under Power" by Beebe and Umstot.  What a cool book.  It's about yachts built for passage-making, i.e. crossing oceans.  Beebe wrote the original back when crossing an ocean without sails was a novel idea.  Umstot did a nice job of updating it, and he mentions Nordhavn a lot. 

The book talks about boat layouts, stabilizers ("flopperstoppers" etc.), reliability, power requirements and a lot more.  It also gives technical background on what makes a boat seaworthy, kind in rough seas, stable in a roll and so forth.  

If you read it, you might find yourself dreaming about a cruise to Hawaii or Europe.  
  • Options
    benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    MV Freedom? That’s where I first noticed the Nordhavns. Never liked trawlers because they remind me of the Gulf Coast shrimp boats I grew up around. Love the lines on these.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep that's the one I follow on YouTube. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Someone I follow on YouTube who has a nordhavn 43 had a video on how they boat now with the slower boat. It was interesting they just adjust how they do things such as they leave a little earlier and while under way they will eat breakfast, shower, do laundry etc. Makes sense. 

It's about the journey not the destination 😁
    You're talking like a sailboater
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We follow MV Freedom also. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Word in the boat industry is that a ton of used boats will hit the market next summer as Covid buyers and stretched buyers will forfeit or dump theirs.  If there is a down turn in the economy (Biden), it becomes a buyers market.  I am sizing up a center console w twins or a Tiara, and a lift/warehouse in southern FLA.
    Thinking of selling my 2003 seadoo gtx. Everything is selling here at high prices. I figure it's normally worth about $2500 in a  but will ask $4500.  I will buy back in next year during the buyers market once all the newbie boaters realize what they have done.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now is the time to sell, I sold my pontoon, and got a premium, yes 7k over  what the bank would loan them. they came up with the extra cash. It was cherry,   Sell, sell ,sell 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2020 Yamaha SX195 with supercharged 1.8 liter engine. Ungodly acceleration, great MPG, very little maintenance and the biggest cockpit and swim platforms for a boat its size that I have ever been on. BTW as per my recommendations here I replaced the new HD "flooded chemistry" starter battery with an AGM TPPL. The maintenance, storage, gas and insurance money saved will go towards winters in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Las Vegas and the Caribbean. That's my plan.....
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    In 5-7 years I see a Formula 400SS in my future. Twin big block H/O's with Bravo 3's and enough speakers to not have to listen to anyone elses music. LOL

Hopefully can find one around $100-125k with the right hours, options, and owner care.

2004 Formula 400SS powerboat for sale in Texas

Post edited by raybo3 on
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3