Options

changing risers..

2»

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes bellows glue on every surface the rubber seals off to the metal. You see how the surface is dempled?

Fresh new soft bellows wouldn't have an issue but older harder ones can use the help.

Dawn soap will make it slide on easily but does nil for sealing. Below glue helps it slide on easily plus help seal.

Many ways to skin a cat.  I just dont wanna do it twice.
    again i say, dishwashing soap will seal it.  it will seal it with an added bonus- when you want to remove them all you have to do is slide a small pick between the surfaces, and spray some water in there making the soap slick again... when that stuff dries it may as well be bellow seal.... it's great for that purpose, but NOT on transom bellows... use the freakin' bellow glue back there with a certainty.  

there is another bonus in using dishwashing soap for hoses inside the engine room- it bubbles when it leaks. it makes a leak obvious.  really obvious.  and, you won't have to trim the hoses and hope you have enough if one lets loose for whatever reason... all you have to do is put it PAST the first clamp where water won't encounter it unless the clamp fails.  

@PickleRick this is like the second or third time you've straight up countered what i've offered without asking me 'why' first.... do you not think i know what i'm doing if i think enough to comment on it? 
    Well, these things slipped right off and they had neither soap nor bellows glue! No wonder it was leaking.