Options

Can we all agree last nights debate was a low point in American history?

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Non-Boating Related
Feels deflating to watch the "best the country has to offer" bickering like children. One guy telling white supremacists to "stand ready" and the other guy can't get a word in edgewise, clearly showing he is a bit gone upstairs.  There's got to be a third choice from here on out! 

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You actually watched it??
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    It was painful to watch.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I new it would be entertaining but that took it to a new level. What a mess. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sad

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    The only thing it was missing was Vince McMahon...........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    When Howard Stern describes the debate as "dirty and filthy" you know you hit a low point.  I watched for maybe 20 min before i just couldn't take it anymore.  
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not watch, but read the highlights, Whoo Hooo, we have two choose one of these two.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I choose Mr Economy 
  • Options
    needmotoolsneedmotools Member Posts: 12
    Hard to believe there are over 300M people in America and it comes down to one of these 2 to lead the greatest nation in the world. 

Luckily we got together with friends, printed copies of the presidential debate betting prop sheet from DraftKings and everyone paid $5 to play. Provided great entertainment and my wife won!
    2008 Sea Ray 38 Sundancer (previous: 2006 Rinker 342 EC)
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    I AM CUBAN, SO I KNOW WHAT LIBERAL IDEAS EQUAL COMMUNISM REALLY MEAN, SO I DON'T WANT TO SEE MY BEAUTIFUL MIAMI BURNING DOWN LIKE  CUBA BY CASTRO PORTLAND, WISCONSIN, NEW JERSY, NEW YORK AND ECT, SO I WILL VOTE RED IN PERSON MEANING LAW IN ORDER PLUS ECONOMY (MY WALLET) EQUAL TRUMP RIGHT NOW, WELL I AM BACK TO BOATING NOW   
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Fortunately it is just small areas of Seattle and Portland and they certainly don't represent the rest of the outlying areas. Peoples political views in our area don't all reflect what you see as the extreme on television. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    @oscar1. Next debate is in Havana. I mean Miami LOL
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
     Are the proud boys really a white supramisists group or just concerned citizens who organized to protect their homes, families and towns/cities if antifa decides to come to town?

The proud boys gained traction locally after antifa threatened they were coming for the suburbs.  When police backed down and let cities burn I think fear swept across America. These mostly peaceful protests didnt look inviting on t.v.
    Post edited by PickleRick on
  • Options
    Beautiful boat oscar
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I see where you're coming from @PickleRick but like most of this stuff that's a hard question to properly discuss on a forum. Those discussions need to happen face to face. Not saying I agree or disagree with you 🙂. 

We just need to appreciate the fact that our boats can't get burned by all of these wildfires. And protesters can't get into the Marinas. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    WWG1WGA  google it 
    Post edited by GMSLITHO on
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys did watch the real Trump vs. Biden debate, right??

https://youtu.be/idPv9zAkL48

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I see where you're coming from @PickleRick but like most of this stuff that's a hard question to properly discuss on a forum. Those discussions need to happen face to face. Not saying I agree or disagree with you 🙂. 

We just need to appreciate the fact that our boats can't get burned by all of these wildfires. And protesters can't get into the Marinas. 

I find i dont totally agree or disagree with most groups outside of the radicals.  I think the presidential debate reflected the current state of our county perfectly. 

I think the BLM have some very valid points and i think antifa undermines their movement.  

Most of my family wasnt in this county until @ww1.  I don't have the southern heritage that many of my friends, coworkers and customers all share.  

That being said i understand why the blm wants monuments removed but those with roots going back to pre civil war in also understand why some want them preserved.

It's well documented that ancient Egypt was built on slave labor. I'm sure much of the ancient ruins that remain today we're as well and we regard them as world treasurers.  From Europe to central and South America to Asia these wonders of the world were built on the backs of the conquered, the meek, those purchased/traded and otherwise enslaved.   Should those monuments be bulldozed too?

I personally think its best to keep history around, learn from it, try not to make the same mistakes again.  I don't think burying the past is good for nor fair to future generations.  

I want to point out to all potential football recruits considering the University of South Carolina and Clemson.  University of South Carolina admitted its first African American student in the 1860s or 1870s.  There were protests and i think 3 professors quit over it.  

Not many years after that Clemson University was built on land given to them my the slave owning Calhoun family. It was an all white military college, private i believe.  Slaves were used to help build the University.  Not a new concept in the 1800s.  

It was the 1960s or 1970s before the first African American student attended Clemson.  

If we are going erase southern heritage, there is a LOT to be erased.  

• Options
    @MarkB. That was hilarious!! 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod

I personally think its best to keep history around, learn from it, try not to make the same mistakes again.  I don't think burying the past is good for nor fair to future generations.  
    I usually stay away from all this kind of topic on forums, but I'll say I definitely agree with this statement.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Thanks @Dream_Inn, im a huge fan of history and other boring documentaries.  Much of human history isn't a bed of roses.  Luckily we have boats
  • Options
    Thanks @Dream_Inn, im a huge fan of history and other boring documentaries.  Much of human history isn't a bed of roses.  Luckily we have boats
    What’s the update on the boat?
  • Options
    After calibrating tach I'm hitting 3750 rpms wot at @ 23 mph.  She's like a slow loud effient sewing machine
  • Options
    After calibrating tach I'm hitting 3750 rpms wot at @ 23 mph.  She's like a slow loud effient sewing machine
    Update your thread on the boat 😷
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    It was part of our beatiful history. it's just history like every other country. we learn from the pass and move forward.  The proud boys are just a warrior patriots, who love their country like us. They DON'T burn anything down.
  • Options
    i'd never heard of Proud boys until yesterday. had to look them up. This what I found.

The Proud Boys are a far-right, neo-fascist male-only organization with ties to white supremacists that promotes and engages in political violence. It is based in the United States and also has a presence in Canada
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Well.. now it turns out everyone on one side of the debate had CV.. here we go. 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fascism is a creeping disease. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Corona Force one.. new name for the president's plane