Boat Dry Weight 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342

mjmorrismjmorris Member Posts: 15
Can someone tell me if the dry weight of my 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342 includes the weight of the twin engines and stern drives? It say on internet that dry weight is 14,280 pounds. Is this weight with or without the engines and Sterndrives? It is powered with twin Yanmar Diesel 240 HP engines with MerCruiser Bravo II Sterndrives. My boat lift is rated for 16,000 pounds and want to make sure it can handle it. 

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDMember, Moderator Posts: 6,247 mod
    Dry weight typically means the boat and everything that comes standard with it, such as engines and stern drives.  What it doesn't include is fuel, water, waste, or any other articles you may install or have on the boat.  So, 16k lb lift doesn't give much room for extras on the boat.  I think the tanks may be 220 gallons?  that will put you at 16k with full tank.  40 gallons water is another 300lbs.  Any items you leave on board, and of course any people that may be on it while on lift.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Handymans342Handymans342 Ft Myers FloridaMember Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mjmorris said:
    Can someone tell me if the dry weight of my 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342 includes the weight of the twin engines and stern drives? It say on internet that dry weight is 14,280 pounds. Is this weight with or without the engines and Sterndrives? It is powered with twin Yanmar Diesel 240 HP engines with MerCruiser Bravo II Sterndrives. My boat lift is rated for 16,000 pounds and want to make sure it can handle it. 
    Did you buy my old boat?
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTMember Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭✭
    My 05 342 was about 16500# with fuel so your will be pushing the limits.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    Where is this guy?? Ghost??
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Lower Columbia River, WashingtonMember Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭
    This is how it works. People ask a question and then everyone has these big discussions over the next day or two and then they come back to a wikipedia page of answers. 👍
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYMember Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s only his first post, he’s not addicted to the forum yet!
    2008 330EC
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIMember Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭✭
    mjmorris said:
    Did you buy my old boat?
    That’s what I was about to say. 
  • mjmorrismjmorris Member Posts: 15
    Hey everybody thank you very much I just signed up for this forum and I’ve been working all day just had a chance now to get back to it. The information provided is very helpful thank you very much!! It sounds like I can get it on the 16,000 pound lift as long as I’m not full of fuel and water and loaded up with a whole bunch of gear. Now that I have a username and password I’m gonna spend some time on this forum this is a great place to get information on a boat that is long no longer made and difficult to get answers to questions I have. 
    I have another question is there anybody out there that has a Rinker 342 with twin diesel Yanmars bolted up to a pair of Merc Bravo II’s sterndrives? I just bought the boat and I’m going to pick it up on Friday. It was about the only boat for sale nationwide in this size that actually comes with diesel engines I hope they’re good ones. 
    Your gonna get lots of information on this boat from someone in particular 
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 
    mjmorris said:
    I have another question is there anybody out there that has a Rinker 342 with twin diesel Yanmars bolted up to a pair of Merc Bravo II’s sterndrives? I just bought the boat and I’m going to pick it up on Friday. It was about the only boat for sale nationwide in this size that actually comes with diesel engines I hope they’re good ones. 
    Pretty sure it is probably @Handymans342 boat that you bought. He sold his a while back and we just recently seen it for sale again. There weren’t many with that package and I’m willing to bet it’s his. If it his old boat you will be in luck because he is very active on this site and knows everything about that boat. 
    mjmorris said:
    Yes me!!!!!

Is this the boat you bought? If so it is his old boat. 
    That boat is clean Shawn!!
    It’s very clean Handy. I would have loved to have that boat. 
    shawnmjr said:
    Excuse me? You hate diesels
    Yes that’s the exact boat I bought. It’s very clean for a 2003. [email protected] is there anything that I need to be aware of? I believe the previous owner bought it from you and recently died about two months ago. At least that’s what I’m being told from the current seller. 
    Handy. Can you tell me what the boatlift you had this boat on that is in the picture was rated for as far as pounds.  Is your lift a 16k or 20k pound lift that held Hook Line and Rinker?
    edited October 2020
    shawnmjr said:
    Excuse me? You hate diesels
    Lol no I don’t, it’s just fun trash talk.  Haters are gonna hate lol. 
    Be safe and do a 24000 lb lift. I would be glad to discuss all I know about the boat over the phone. I will send my number on a PM to you. Look at your inbox. 
    That would be great I’m new to this forum so I’m not real competent yet with it but I will for a PM in my inbox and call you.  Thank you very much. 
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYMember Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭
    Trust us @mjmorris, you’ll get no better information on that vessel from Steve and others here on the forum.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

Spoke by phone with Handymans342. Great guy. Plethora of information when it comes to boats.  Knows the Rinker 342 like the back of his hand. Big thanks!!!
    So Mr Morris has bought my old boat and will take her home to his house and take good care of her. He is traveling from Miami to Stuart Florida tomorrow which is about a 2 hour drive and he will only burn 10 gallons of diesel. LMAO
    Well I can travel in my boat and burn no diesel so I guess my boat is more efficient than diesel. 

What's the fuel burn GPH when on plane for that boat?
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 
    edited October 2020
    That is really low. Is that for each engine?
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 
    The total with both motors running
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYMember Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭
    What speed is on plane Steve with that burn. Just interested to compare with mine I got from VVM

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/