Options

Winter Storage

2»

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Of course you @aero3113 have pictures. You need to just put this all together and make a boating how to manual. 
    I should! Whenever I do anything on the boat I like to take pictures, and have them for reference. There’s been times when I’m looking back at the pictures, I find something else that needs attention.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes agree with that. When I see questions or if I'm thinking of something I think dang it I wish I had a picture. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I disconnect my line from the pump and let it drain into the bilge too. I don't put anti-freeze in the fresh water tank either. Just let it drain down as low as you can. I have the Campco tank kit and hook that to the fresh water pump and pump it through all of my lines.
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    Well you guys have changed my mind.  I always worried about the bottom of the tank freezing and cracking. I'm going to give your way a try this year.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bottom of the tank freezing would be no different than an ice tray in the freezer. As long as there is room to expand it shouldn't crack and ice trays do this daily. Now I'm not saying to leave the tank full but a few inches of water shouldn't be an issue, if it's even a few inches probably less than one. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    CnCCnC Member Posts: 142 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the advice. To simply buy a "boat with a washroom" like my wife has always been saying certainly wasn't as easy as just " buying a boat with a washroom" .......
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Aqua_Aura alittle standing water is ok but water that is confined (like in a hose) will expand and crack. So get as much out as the pump will allow. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the other part of that is I always took the two lines off the hot water tank and joined them so that as anti-freeze is running through the system you're not running it through the tank. Takes forever to get the smell out if you run it through the tank. Just like the freshwater tank, just let it drain. Don't forget to open the vent so it drains easier.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just purchased 2 bypass valves to go by the hot water tank for this purpose 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hot water pressure relief valve is now leaking. Grrrr

Do I need to backflow antifreeze thru the bilge pumps?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    I never worried about the bilge pumps, Never had any issues. Just make sure you get the shower sump.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I ran 2 gallons through the AC by pouring it into the strainer (seacock closed). Couldn’t see the output. Does this sound like enough? I also flushed 2 gallons through the toilet. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Yes, thg hat should be good, but you want to make sure it's thru the seacock too.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @YYZRC next time just push it through the outlet for the ac, it will flush the unit and go out the through hull.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @Dream_Inn yes once the boat is out of the water I will open the seacock and backflow from strainer to seacock.  Thank you!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    My hot water pressure relief valve is now leaking. Grrrr

Do I need to backflow antifreeze thru the bilge pumps?

Give it a little tap with a hammer or screwdriver handle. It should stop leaking.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!