Options

It's that time!!

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
Who is the early birds out there ready to go back in the water soon?  

I'll be putting the plug in and removing the cover tomorrow.  The plan is to take her for a ride tomorrow in the bay around to Rhode river marina where they will do my alignment checks this week. I'll hopefully pick her back up on Friday!!

Can't wait for a little ride tomorrow!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Go DI go!!  

I hope to drop my engines in this week, but I still need bottom paint and hull detailing.  I'll be in the water by 28 March.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Go DI go!!  
    Go dogs go is my favorite Dr. Suess book!😁  

I just hope things run well tomorrow.  Everything has looked good in the engine room. I've been in thre a few times painting, changing impellers and belts over the winter.  Plenty of pink came out last weekend when pulling sea water pumps.

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gentlemen, Fire up your engines.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boat splashed sometime in March of 2020, has not been out since ! :P
  • Options
    benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Last week of March!
  • Options
    Corral42Corral42 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Sold the 320 and getting ready for sea trial on April 3rd. Have the mechanic scheduled to replace the gimbal bearing, bellows and what ever else should be done at 300 hours on the new to us 370. Hope to be in the slip 1st week of April. 2 boats to commission is a little overwhelming.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be on the lake tomorrow.....ice fishing. I'm happy for you guys but do you have to rub it in??!🤪
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish!!! I am in the middle of my move west and the boat will be staying in Pittsburgh for another month or so. I will have to road trip back to get her. Enjoy the ride!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Sweet!  Looks like not too windy when you were out.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow your son grew up
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Yeah, waited till today just because the wind would be calm.  That cover is literally as big as a sail (45 ft square).  Was just a great feeling being out on the water and hear those engines purr.

Wow your son grew up
    Yeah, he is over 6ft tall and just tied me on the scale the other day.

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got word that ice out is expected to be the earliest it has ever been at my marina - they plan to start launching boats within the next two weeks!

@Willhound are you going boatless this summer?? We need to meet up with @SimcoeRinker342 !!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    No way.  Really that's crazy my marina and I am south of you still has Ice.  Just flew the drone around yesterday checking it out.

https://youtu.be/ODGMoUAloto
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    Love to Change my Name to SimcoeRinker400.  But I can't any ideas on how
    to do that guys?
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    Simcoe usually freezes up more than Georgian Bay, no? 
  • Options
    Yes, usually but we only had like 10 inches of thickness as it was open on Dec 27th.  We will see after today lots of melting!  

2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    Dream_Inn  I am so jealous!!! Nice Pictures!! Can't wait to hear mine startup after everything was apart.  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I placed the order for new bellows, gimball bearing and water pump impeller.  Should all be here next week.  I plan to do a shake down first of April.

• Options
    @SimcoeRinker342
    I can change your username, but haven't because then you couldn't login without knowing it's changed. I also could've told you in an email, but wasn't sure how often you check it.  Let me know when and I'll change it for you and the send you an email just to let you know I did.

Rick, you should be one of the first in, at least because you are further south.  Time to get it going!😁👍

• Options
    Awesome please do it Dream_Inn.
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Uncle Joe was slow getting my 2k!  Those Syrian bombs cost a lot of money for a dude that promise us 2k immediately!!!

Been in the upper 60s and low 70s all week. If it keepd warming up I'll launch sooner. 

• Options
    @SimcoeRinker400. Now you're a big 400!

• Options
    Thank you Dream_Inn.  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:

@Willhound are you going boatless this summer?? We need to meet up with @SimcoeRinker342 !!
    That's a difficult question. My heart has me searching online for another boat, preferably a Rinker Cuddy. I've suffered several severe bouts of sellers remorse over the winter. But my head has me thinking I made the right decision. Part of our rationale for selling was we were increasingly unhappy with our marina because of a large influx of strangers due to the rentals and food truck they brought in. There is really no separation between the public and private areas of the marina and no security. And I'd suspected all along that the new owner bought the property not for the marina but for the large chunk of land that came with it. That suspicion was confirmed when we recently saw a notice for development application for a condo development. Even though the land is mostly swamp and supposedly "Environmentally Protected".  So our next boat will likely be something we can trailer. But it seems that the new boater frenzy of last season is carrying on. Not much on the market and even the turds are commanding high dollars. And for the last 5 years every spare moment was spent on the boat, maintaining the boat, thinking about the boat, worrying about the boat. Our formerly pristine yard looks like a wreck and the house is in need of some badly needed reno's. So it's looking like we might sit this season out and get the work done. Rent here and there if I need a boating fix and then watch for what I predict will be a sudden glut on the slightly used market next year when all those new boat owners realize what the cost is in time and money. Going to be some good deals I think.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    I think youre right about timing. This could very well be the last year of a crazy boat market. 
  • Options
    HI Willhound,  

Which marine were you at you have to move to our Marina it's nice small not to busy marina and cost is lower than most on the Lake. Also, our mechanic is one of the best on the Lake.  Anything on the South or West side of the Lake is getting too busy.  The Eastside of Simcoe is so quiet compared to the others parts of the Lake. 
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    HI Willhound,  

Which marine were you at you have to move to our Marina it's nice small not to busy marina and cost is lower than most on the Lake. Also, our mechanic is one of the best on the Lake.  Anything on the South or West side of the Lake is getting too busy.  The Eastside of Simcoe is so quiet compared to the others parts of the Lake. 
    Plus you get the sunsets!!
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    HI Willhound,  

Plus you get the sunsets!!
    Correct the nicest on the Lake!  :)

2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    Uncle Joe was slow getting my 2k!  Those Syrian bombs cost a lot of money for a dude that promise us 2k immediately!!!

Been in the upper 60s and low 70s all week. If it keepd warming up I'll launch sooner. 

I think he forgot that he said that lol
    He didn't forget but he is hoping you dont remember