2»

Comments

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    fun day monday on table rock ....  B)
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    @SimcoeRinker400 was Cooks Bay Marina. My old boat was at Kon Tiki and we liked it but when we moved up to the 270 they wouldn't give me a spot.
    I got my hands on the zoning meeting notice. They want to put in 90 Townhouse condos, 85 hotel units 7000 feet retail and 455 parking spots. Bottom end of Cooks Bay does not need any more traffic...

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
     I have not been down that way in years.  I bought my old 342 in Keswick and getting out of the lower end of the Lake was so busy.  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    Trucking the boat up to  Lefroy Harbour on May 3, 2021. It's been 40 years since I lasted boated on Simcoe fulltime. Looking forward to getting off Lake Ontario.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    shawnmjr said:
    earl1z19 said:
    shawnmjr said:
    Uncle Joe was slow getting my 2k!  Those Syrian bombs cost a lot of money for a dude that promise us 2k immediately!!!

Been in the upper 60s and low 70s all week. If it keepd warming up I'll launch sooner. 

I think he forgot that he said that lol
    He didn't forget but he is hoping you dont remember
    Lol I don’t get one so it makes no difference to me. 
    Yeah, same here. Too much $$ being given away.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I can’t imagine boating the southern/western end of Lake Ontario.
    Post edited by YYZRC on
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    @YYZRC, I did not mean to be negative of boating on Lake Ontario, we have enjoyed many years boating here. It's not Georgian Bay but not too many places are. Toronto Island is only 10 miles away and docking on Hanlans wall or anchoring just up the channel is a  different experience but relaxing anyway.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What time? Time to fly north? Not yet! 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to take a summer off and navigate the Trent to Kingston area/thousand islands. Then have the boat trucked back. One day!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im once step closer to launching but it wasn't easy.  I'm pretty sure they designed my 2859 with the chevy v8s in mind and the inline 6 was an after thought.  I had barely enough room to pull the impeller put between the housing and the fuel tank.  I learned some new words today.  Getting it back in was even more fun.  Now to see if the trim seal kit I ordered fits my rams,   i can't find a serial number on the outdrive or housing.  I'm not not going install the seals today, I'll take the ram into the shop and play with it at work later this week. If it fits ill order the one for the other side.  I noticed some strawberry milkshake in my trim resevrior. Hit 81 degrees yesterday, feels like lake weather.  

Is there ever a true off season for a boat owner? 
  • Options
    @PickleRick if it's a Mercury I can tell you the original equipment #s from your engine serial #
  • Options
    I have the engine serial number but the mercury parts look up only covers engine parts.  I suppose a mercury dealer may be able to look it up if the original owner registered everthing with mercury. 

I'm not close to a mercrusier dealer.  
  • Options
    @PickleRick, I am a Mercury dealer ,I can check it for you.
  • Options
    Grahamu over the summer I plan to have a Simcoe Rinker Rendezvous this year at Thorah Island.  I hear there are few Rinkers in Lefroy Harbour.
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    YYZRC you should come down to Simcoe for fun  :)  My wife is on my case to go to Georgian Bay this year.  So, I have a feeling I may be doing that trip.
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    @SimcoeRinker400 Sounds great let me know closer to the time. Haven't looked around much but I think there are a few Rinkers. I'll check it out once we are settled.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @Grahamu that would be great.  I think it's OL344752

• Options
    I have messaged you the info.
  • Options